Update Mother Box Light Thingy

I lack the creative titling atm, but check out the latest weird no-one-asked-for-that craft of a resin Mother Box. It’s two pieces I printed, created a silicone mold and then used resin to make the final(ish) product. It just needs lights added and maybe a soul or something.

10 Likes

That. Is. Awesome.

I love it. I want it. When is it hitting stores?

5 Likes

Haha… I just make this stuff for fun while I learn new craft skills. The mother box design is available on Thingverse for 3D printing by someone else. I just modified it a bit and created molds. DM me for any tips and I’m happy to help.

4 Likes

That is awesome™:+1:.

Now the real question is what will you do with the power of a Mother Box​:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

There’s so much to choose from!! For right now though, dinner might be good.

4 Likes

Rad, thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

SHE’S BACK! Rest assured I am always asking for your crafts!

How did you create a silicone mold? By getting the 3D printed version and molding it with modifications sculpted into the negative?

Where are you going to put it??

I recently got a “sunrise” alarm that glows brighter over time to wake you up, this reminds me of that. Looks nothing like it, no good reason for it to remind me of that, other than light.

Aaaanyway :rofl: Great stuff, thank you so much for sharing with us!

5 Likes

I used a silicone mix which is two parts. You can buy it at a hardware store or online.

Here’s a simple video: https://youtu.be/ZnYkiv6lyvo

I use a resin mix i got from online too.

I can then, drill into the resin to add small LED lights so i can switch a button to make Mother Box light up.

Here is a light project I made for my daughter. I’m going to try and make a Boom Tube version or something… I’m open to suggestions! I don’t think i can make it in time, but i was thinking of a cube like the Snyder Mother Box that waves up and down.

3 Likes