UPDATE! Mark Waid Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

Welcome back to the community, friend :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hi Mark. I’ve been following your work at DC only recently, but I like what you’re putting out, especially the World’s Finest. I just have a question about World’s Finest: Teen Titans, particularly about the first issue concerning Roy Harper/Speedy.

What happened to his background of being raised by the Navajo/Dine and Raymond Begay/Brave Brow? The last fifteen years for Roy was a mess and a lot of people missed that part of his character, especially when Devin Grayson elaborated on it in her run of “The Titans” and tied it back to his personality and beliefs (English not being his first language and being told that he wasn’t related to Brave Bow by blood and the culture shock that came with living with Oliver away from the reservation), and some were crest-fallen when in the first issue Roy revealed that Oliver took him in from the streets.

It just felt like a missed opportunity to reintroduce that part of Roy’s history that has been overlooked or erased.

11 Likes

I have had the pleasure of meeting you during the Infinite Crisis/52 era of DC comics. I also got to see you in passing in Muncie at Ah Yeah! Always left you alone out of respect for you having a right to privacy.

I would love to know any behind the scenes stories you can share about your experience on the weekly 52 series and how you feel looking back on that series in particular working with a variety of different writers?

12 Likes

Thank you so much for writing a No Man’s Land/JLA crossover!

Last time you were here in the community, you shared that you voted for MillenNium in the Backlist Breakout. Sorry it didn’t make it. Why did you vote for that series?

13 Likes

Mark whats your favorite batman comic ?

13 Likes

Who’s your favorite Legionnaire (and which version of that character)?

13 Likes

What do you really want to see in the future of DC?

12 Likes

For you, what is the appeal of the DC Universe compared to other fictional universes?

14 Likes

Have you ever regretted a creative decision you made with a character (and if yes, can you elaborate on which decision/character)?

13 Likes

When writing a book with multiple characters like Justice League of America or Legion of Super-Heroes how do you approach it to make sure each characters voice is unique and authentic to their history, personality and perspective?

12 Likes

Hi Mark! I love the World’s Finest banner and the “Bronze Age but modern” aesthetic it has working. If you got absolute unfettered choice, what would be another series that you’d like to do in the setting?

12 Likes

hello mark!, I’m a relatively new comic reader but your work was some of the first comics I read and I loved them! as for a question, Is there character that you haven’t done a series for that you would like to?

10 Likes

When writing for different characters such as The Flash or Batman, how do you approach each character differently?

10 Likes

So, Superman has been around a looooooong time ! How do you keep the Man of Steel fresh, relevant and topical ?

12 Likes

1.Who is your hero? And how can you relate to them?

1. Who is your real life hero? Someone you look up to
10 Likes

Hello Mark,

What in your opinion makes the Superman/Batman relationship dynamic work so well?

13 Likes

What two characters from Superman and Batman’s respective supporting casts that don’t have much history together do you think would make for a compelling duo if paired together in a story? Any chance we could see something like Perry and Commissioner Gordon or Leslie Thompkins and Martha Kent teaming up in the future?

12 Likes

As you are crafting a story, what are some things do you do, mentally, to avoid any roadblocks that may come about during your writing process?

12 Likes

Would you ever consider writing a story bringing back Hyperman (the son of Superman and Wonder Woman) from The Kingdom?

10 Likes

Hi Mark!
Have you recently been in contact with Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, or Greg Pak who worked with you during the 52 period?

10 Likes