Update: Forum Categories to Change on 11.12

In the interest of organizing our community boards to better suit the tastes of the DC Universe community, we will be updating our forum categories on Monday, November 12th at 8:00am PT.

You may experience some connectivity issues on the forums (but no other section of DC Universe- TV & Film, Comics, and News will remain unaffected) during that time.

For the curious, our new boards will be:

General - Discuss & Debate
Watchtower - Official News & Announcements
Comic Books - Thoughts on the Printed Page
TV, Film, & Games - Favorites From Screens Big & Small
Collector’s Corner - Showcase Your Toys, Books, & More
Fan Creations - Share Your Cosplay, Writing, & Art
Suggestion Box - Submit Questions & Feedback
Random - Go Off-Topic

We continue to work on more complex functionality to deepen your experiences and conversations. Stay tuned for more details!

31 Likes

Looks like the Forums are getting fancy :partying_face:

1 Like

Cool

1 Like

Great!

2 Likes

Finally! It’s great to know that the higher-ups are listening!

1 Like

Good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kramer said it best: “Boss!”

Any word on being able to get notifications of replies to your own post? Or direct messaging? Friends list to follow posts of specific people?

5 Likes

What they said :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

It’s not organization that’s the problem, its lack of functionality.

1 Like

I’d be happy to merely be able to edit posts and to have the ability to directly quote someone when replying.

2 Likes

Organization is a problem when people posts a ton of the same threads over and over every day in the wrong sections. The misc. section currently combines suggestions, feedback and off topic stuff and it’s a mess.

Then you go to the general discussions and it’s a spin off with those same threads and questions. All day, every day because it seems some people doesn’t read other threads and rather just make their own

2 Likes

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’m guessing creators corner didn’t go over well…

1 Like

One suggestion…how about organizing the Comic Book boards around characters and events, like the old DC Comics boards from the late 1990s/early 2000s?

This would make using and searching the DCU boards even easier. For instance, if DCUers want to discuss the JLA, they can do so in the JLA subsection.

8 Likes

I like the Collector’s Corner, a little bummed to see Creators Corner go, but I understand. Not a lot of DC Talent able to post on there.

2 Likes

Bummed to see Creator’s Corner leave, though I know it was probably under utilized. Hopefully there will be a feature added in the future to connect with DC Creative Talent. maybe some AMAs or something

7 Likes

Cool. Excited to see the outcome. Boards did need some end user experience redos. Thanks!

2 Likes

Can’t you rebrand the Creator feature so that Creative’s can be here regularly to interact with fans? Otherwise, we’re little more than a niche Netflix.

3 Likes

@Kassandra1972, we are working on bringing some familiar faces to the forums soon, and they will participate in the threads you can find all throughout the community boards. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

THANK YOU GUYS FOR MAKING THIS INCREDIBLE PLACE FOR ALL DC FANS!!!

12 Likes