UPDATE: 4/8/20 Feature Deep Dive: Browse Comic Books đź“š

Welcome to our Feature Deep Dive exploration, a special installment that explores of some of our favorite features on DC Universe! This month, we’re expanding our look at the Browse Comic Books section.

PLEASE NOTE: We’ll be having a very special edition of Office Hours on Wednesday, April 15th at 12pm PT/3pm ET with the product manager of this very feature- be sure to join us to learn even more about the inner workings of our Comic Book Browse functionality!

Want to read a new title, or revisit a classic, but not quite sure where to start? Haven’t seen Browse yet? Browse lets you view the entire Comic Library in one place. You can Browse individual categories, sort & filter, and view Collections of content that are organized in a meaningful way. And as of April 8th, 2020, we’ve added the ability to browse our collected STORYLINES and SHOWCASES with filters like Genre, Art Style, and Length.

Read on to learn all the things.

GETTING TO BROWSE :thinking:
The easiest way to start browsing our library of 22,000+ Comic Books is to head over to the Comic Hub by selecting Comic Books on the navigation bar. Scroll down slightly past the featured comic book until you see Browse By Categories and select the section of your choice. On mobile, you’ll scroll to the bottom of the page and find the “Browse All” button.

If you want to see everything, jump right into ALL COMIC SERIES, or if you’re looking for some new story lines to check out, you can select STORYLINES.

“I’M IN! NOW WHAT?” :smiley:
Enhance 57-19, track 45 left, stop.
ALL COMIC SERIES is the default category which shows, well, all of the series we have available. From here, you can filter the list down by Era, Top Characters, Artists, and Writers. We’re working on new filters and ways for you to find the Comics you’re looking for, so please let us know in the comments below if you have ideas or suggestions for filters to add. We’d love to hear from you!

Current Filters:
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 5.00.10 PM

WANT TO SEE THE LATEST? SORT BY PUBLISH DATE :calendar:
You can also open up the Sort menu, located separately from the filters. Here, you can sort alphabetically if that’s your jam, or if you just want to see the latest and greatest at the top you can sort by Publish Date (Newest).
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 5.02.11 PM

COLLECTIONS AND YOU :books:
In addition to browsing the entire library by your favorite character, era, artist, or writer, you can also check out some handpicked Collections found in the GET TO KNOW, STORYLINES, and SHOWCASE options of our Browse features. We are constantly updating our Collections with new bundles of highlighted characters, storylines, and special events, and love hearing requests from the fans. Let us know in the comments below if there is a collection you’d like to see!

COLLECTION TYPE: GET TO KNOW :handshake:
Want to brush up on some source material now that you’ve binged Swamp Thing? Head over to GET TO KNOW and look for the Get to Know! Swamp Thing Collection.

COLLECTION TYPE: STORYLINES :memo:
Looking for a new milestone STORYLINE to read before bed? Check out the STORYLINES category and go deep on your favorites or check out some new ones. As of April 8th, 2020, we’ve added additional filters to help you discover new favorites by categories like Discover (Major Milestones, Modern Hits, Start Here), Genre (Crime, Fantasy, Horror, Romance), Art Style (Classic, Experimental, Gritty), and Length (Mini, Feature, Epic). Head to the Browse Comics section to find all the new filters.
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 5.03.31 PM

COLLECTION TYPE: SHOWCASE :trophy:
If you’re feeling like spinning the wheel and discovering something totally new, head over to SHOWCASE for thematic compendiums like “Funny Heroes”, “Bag Guys Gone Good”, Sidekick Origins", and more! This entire section features Collections that were put together by the DC Universe staff, exclusively for you.

================================================

As always, we love to hear your feedback! Are there more filters you want to see? Any Showcase Collections that should be assembled? Anything you really love about the Browse feature we should make sure and keep?

Let us know in the comments below!

19 Likes

I was looking for comic issues between 1968 to 1972.

I tried the mmddyy from to dates

I got nothing.

Only when i tried 1938 to 1972 did i stuff

I assume now that is title and not issue based

3 Likes

I’d really love to see a collection for Green Lantern: Godhead, the 2014 crossover between all of the GL titles at the time.

Also Robin War, which ran through the Robin books of 2015.

4 Likes

Since the News search is not working at all right bow

Can the start reading articles be added in the Get to Know for those heroes who have one

Currently done for

Dick Grayson
Supergirl
Superman
The Flash
The New Teen Titans
Wonder Woman

1 Like

It would be nice if I were able to pull up specific issues by searching. If I want to read, say, Detective Comics #800, I shouldn’t have to scroll all the way to the bottom of all the comics listed under “Detective Comics” (1937-).

10 Likes

It would also really be nice if, alphabetically, we could skip to a particular letter of the alphabet. And if all the titles which started with “The” were listed by the next word.

10 Likes

@HubCityQuestion You can search for Detective Comics 800 in the search bar at the top, and it comes up. It’s a little clunky, but it does work. I’ve used it to jump around from book to book especially for crossovers. I’d prefer it to be streamlined that if there is an exact match, it should take me directly to the book.

My further suggestion is when you are currently looking for a book, instead of browsing for the next, there should be a “read next in series” option like Marvel Unlimited does.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize they were organized by storylines! It’s really cool for someone like myself who isn’t looking for a specific issue but just blindly wanders into random things that look interesting. Thanks :clap:

4 Likes

Let us make and share lists!!! (Please. Pretty please…

3 Likes

What I’d really really REALLY like is to be able to search by release date. What I mean is how they do it in Marvel Unlimited. If you want to browse a particular year, you enter that year and you see every comic that came out that year in chronological sequence.

This allows me to start with January 1 and read through the comics just like I read them in order when they first came out.

It will let me jump to crossover comics more easily too.

This is easily the most useful feature in Marvel Unlimited and it’s the single thing that’s missing in DCU to make my experience complete.

That and you still haven’t uploaded The Warlord.

8 Likes

How can i show single issues instead dort by complete series.
I would like to read comic issues sort month by month and not sort by complete series.

2 Likes

Hey @jasonblood, we’re still in the process of making adjustments to the service with regard to things like sorting options, but what device are you using? You should be able to go to the main series page for the title you’re searching for, and see the individual issues listed toward the bottom of the page.

1 Like

Thanks for you fast answer.
I use a tablet with Android by Hiawei.

You’re most welcome, @jasonblood. :slight_smile: Things seem to be working fine on my end via browser, but since you’re on Android, are you still experiencing trouble with getting single issues to show up?

I would Like to search and sort within a Serie.
Sort by Date Form - to.
So I can read only issus within this Time Period.
When i go in All Comics, I See only Series, but i would like to see instead single Issues.

1 Like

I’m trying to catch up on the last 20 years of Superman. I found a site that gave me reading order and everything (since storylines transcend single titles). But around mid-2002, Superman comics end for several years. Except for Action comics, I cannot read Superman titles between about 2003 and 2005.

For example, missing Superman (1987 series) beginning issue 188 and all Man of Steel comics after 131. Adventures around 610 is also has a large gap in it. Any chance of getting the missing years in? One of the reasons I am here is so I can be caught up from my 20 year absence of Superman.

Thanks.

1 Like

It be great to have a sort option for comic series popularity instead of alphabet

1 Like

I think I am missing something, I don’t see anything about the new filters in Storylines, please forgive me if this is the wrong place! I am on an IPad.

1 Like

Hey @romangreco - For this issue, what I would suggest is letting the heroes working at our Support Team know. They are better able to assist with any technical issues that might arise.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

2 Likes