Hey all, does anyone know what issues DC is going to be releasing in its Facsimile Edition range? I’m really looking for Batman #1 from 1940. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Previewsworld.com lets you preorder from your local comic store or if you dont have one then you can order from Mycomicshop.com and get a 30% discount but still have to pay shipping.
I’m bookmarking this. I am collecting the facsimile editions.
The next facsimile issue will be Jason Todd’s first appearance from Batman #357. It’ll be out in March. This week we should be getting some info about the April solicitations and what is coming next.
I saw that it is a vengeance of bane in april. So that raises the question, do i save money and get the facsimile, or do I go all out and get the original? If there is a facsimile will the fmv go down on it? I am trying to collect knightfall, so thats on the list.
If you’re looking to collect with an eye to sell the collection later for a profit, then you want to get the original if you can. But if you plan on holding onto the collection and enjoying it and possibly passing it down to children/grandchildren, then the facsimile edition is just as good as the original, probably even cheaper to purchase
I’ve decided to list the current DC Facsimile Editions currently available, the original cover date and when they went on sale (and historical importance):
- Batman #232 (June, 1971) (Oct., 2019) (1st Appearance of Ra’s al Ghul)
- House of Secrets #92 (July, 1971) (Oct., 2019) (1st Appearance of original Swamp Thing)
- Batman #181 (June, 1966) (Nov., 2019) (1st Appearance of Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy)
- Batman #251 (Sept., 1973) (Dec., 2019) (Marks return to Joker’s violent roots)
- Green Lantern #85 (Aug., 1971) (Jan., 2020) (Green Lantern and Green Arrow confront the drug epidemic [Speedy is a heroin addict story])
- Crisis on Infinite Earths #8 (Nov., 1985) (Feb., 2020) (Death of Barry Allen)
- Detective Comics #359 (Nov., 1966) (Mar., 2020) (1st Appearance of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl)
- Green Lantern #1 (May, 1960) (Apr., 2020) (1st Solo Book featuring Hal Jordan/Green Lantern)
- Flash #123 (Sept., 1961) (Apr., 2020) (Barry Allen meets Jay Garrick for 1st time)
- Mystery in Space #75 (May, 1962) (May, 2020) (Adam Strange story)
- Detective Comics #38 (Apr., 1940) (May, 2020) (1st Appearance of Dick Grayson/Robin)
- The Brave and the Bold #28 (Dec., 1959) (May, 2020) (1st Appearance of the Justice League of America)
- Detective Comics #475 (Feb., 1978) (Jun., 2020) (1st Appearance of Joker Fish)
- DC Super-Stars #17 (Dec., 1977) (Jul., 2020) (Origin story of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow)
- Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #1 (Nov., 1986) (Oct., 2020) (Retelling of Wonder Woman’s origin story)
- Sandman (Vol. 2) #1 (Dec., 1988) (Oct., 2022) (Neil Gaiman’s retelling of the Sandman universe)
- Detective Comics #27 (May, 1939) (Oct., 2022) (1st Appearance of Bruce Wayne/Batman)
- Action Comics #1 (Jun., 1938) (Nov., 2022) (1st Appearance of Clark Kent/Kal-L/Superman)
- Superman #1 (Jun., 1939) (Dec., 2022) (Superman’s 1st Solo Title)
- The Marvel Family #1 (Nov., 1945) (Dec., 2022) (1st Appearance of Black Adam)
- Wonder Woman #204 (Feb., 1973) (Jan., 2023) (1st Appearance of Nubia)
- Whiz Comics #2 (Feb., 1940) (Feb., 2023) (1st Appearance of Billy Batson/Captain Marvel/Shazam!)