Unresolved Storylines

So back in the 90s, DC brought back Showcase comics. In 1995, the series included a three part storyline about Blue Beetle.
In it, Ted Kord received a royalty check for one of his patents and he traced it to a small mid-western town outside Hub City called Fremont. It turned out that the town had become a police state under a severe “law and order” type.
The guy had bought a bunch of Kord tech including Bug ships and Rifle sized versions of Beetles Compressed air/strobe flash gun. Ted eventually found out that the guy had bought the tech from Ted’s father.
The story was supposed to develop further in the Justice League books but I don’t recall there ever being any resolution to the story.
I asked around and I don’t think they ever got around to finishing the story maybe because the Justice League storyline “Judgement Day” and the Zero Hour event shuffled the deck so much that side stories like this were shelved and everyone went on with other things…
Are there any other unresolved stories you wish DC would revisit?

2 Likes

This isn’t DC, but it would’ve been nice to get some resolution to the Elf with a gun storyline…

2 Likes

I recently was reading rebirth Cyborg and after 24 issues Cyborg appeared to be over his self pity and questioning if he was human. just then the mysterious bad guy captures him with the intent to kill him, and that is where the series ends.

3 Likes

There was. Jacurutu99 obviously didn’t keep reading The Defenders into J. M. DeMatteis’s run…

3 Likes

Huh… well look at that…

2 Likes

Mike’s girlfriend from Stars and STRIPE. I doubt the show will ever get into this, since Mike is way different.

1 Like

All star Batman and Robin and Batman: Widening Gyre. Didnt really care for them that much. I just wanted to see what the endgame was. To be fair, I think the reason they were never published was because they didn’t have an endgame in mind.

3 Likes

Action Comics was doing a subplot about a man pretending to be the new Viceroy; grandson of the famous WWII hero of the same name for some unknown reason. Suddenly they had a change of writer and the Viceroy was never seen or mentioned again as far as i know.

2 Likes