Unpopular Opinions?

I don’t like anything that paints batman in a bad light I know no one is prefect but there is a limit to what I’m willing to accept

5 Likes

My problem was Joker. He is still a villain and the writer has no idea.

4 Likes

I feel the same way about how Professor X is portrayed.
It’s a fine line between showing a character as flawed, and making them out to be an uncaring jackwagon.

5 Likes

Tower of Babel sucks. It makes me into a wacky cartoon character who never smiles and is outdone comedically by Rhas Al Ghul.

4 Likes

I never read it I saw mark talk about it recently he said if people think batman is an ass in that one its on them and that he never intended for it to come across that way he thought batman was in the right in the story and the only thing he did wrong was not telling anyone he had plans and he said he tried to fix it later I think you should have told clark but I don’t care about the rest of them after all clark and bruce keep stuff from others all the time together so clark was the only one who was really betrayed
but then again clark did erase your memory so he wouldn’t get in trouble that one time so I figure you guys are about even :slightly_smiling_face: I did watch the movie of the book

2 Likes

I don’t think it counts as a snow ball fight if only one person throws a ball

4 Likes

I agree about the smile you have a wonderful one

3 Likes

I look so beautiful

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

The Unpopular Opinion about the movie The Flash, that I am putting here since I obviously will get a frowny face if I put it in the Flash movie thread.

So I have to admit, I didn’t want to watch this movie, but the DC Fan in me couldn’t stop myself, and I only watched it as part of Max…now if you dig into the chit-chat archives, somewhere I told Hubcity I was never going to watch it after his persuasive argument. But circumstances out of my control required I have a distraction for 2 hours and this was the best thing I could do besides drink myself into oblivion. I feel I made the choice of the lesser of two evils.

I also concede that there were great scenes in the movie, but alas the box office numbers do not lie either and the final $core ( pun intended ) shows that the nay sayers are more on point than not.
positives would be the cameos from Gal Gadot all the way to Nicholas Cage ( which I am sure confused a lot of people that do not stay up to date on drama ) to the really unneeded cameo of Jason Hunky Pants Mimosa ( and yes I did that on purpose it isn’t a pun just fun< that was the pun ) after the credits.

Sasha Calle was absolutely fantastic as Kara Zor El and it is a shame she will probably not be able to reprise the role.

Michael Keaton nailed it and proved he could have easily played a proper older Bruce Wayne / Batman at any time while he still has gas in the tank. So hopefully we can stay hopeful he some how some way may get another crack at it before he gets Harrison Ford old and everyone just wishes he would stop acting. Now from here I blurred it all because that is where my unpopular opinion comes in and I just had to get this out of my system. And it has been done and now I feel clean. Thank you.

This movie is just a blatant rip-off (for me) of Flashpoint ( the animated movie and comic ) almost going straight into Final Crisis where the scene of worlds colliding basically came right out of one of the Crisis pages. And also the movie had no real resolution, granted he saved his father, hooray - he also didn’t have back his crappy Ben Affleck Bruce Wayne, and the end credit scene suggested other things were aloof as well. Now granted having Clooney back as Batman is a giant bonus and upgrade from Affleck. So I really didn’t care about that, that much. Also introducing the multiverse at this stage of a dying DC Movie era, for me was just icing on the doo-doo cake. Obviously, there needed to be some kind of time travel explanation and maybe there was no real way to avoid having to explain it without mentioning the multiverse, but I think it could have not been mentioned and just stuck with the normal time travel explanation.

So what do we have here? A giant mishmash of stories going on , ripping off Flashpoint, (not explaining who killed Barry Allens mom ( Eobard Thawne aka the Reverse Flash Ipsofacto wtf wasn’t Reverse Flash brought in!? Answer, Because the ding dong who wrote the movie obviously doesn’t care about ticking off DC Fans. IMO.) an intro into the multiverse, vague mention of the speed force, a weird black flash which only 1 person who has read every Flash story out there would know about, to wanting to fight to save a world where his mother lives only to realize that the fight can’t be won and he has to give up and return things back to normal, only to realize he only sort of returned things back to normal.

( insert slow sarcastic clapping )

Does anyone remember the movie Superman Returns, yeah… was fun to watch, and to a degree it sort of still is. This Flash movie is right up there with Superman Returns; but in this case, I probably won’t watch it again for another 15 years.

4 Likes

Also I am not a giant fan of the Snyder Verse, the only movies I truly enjoyed were Man of Steel , Wonder Woman 1,2 and Aquaman.

4 Likes

I absolutely HATE black-and-white comics. With a passion. Like I really hate them. A lot

6 Likes

What about Ninja Turtles?

5 Likes

havent read it, but if it’s black and white, it’s bad

4 Likes

Why?

I love B&W books like Berserk and TMNT the lack of color gives the books a very cool look and atmosphere.

B&W films are also cool for the same reason.

4 Likes

@Jurisdiction them some fighting words. Put up them fisticuffs good sir!

I’m only joking but in all seriousness. While this ain’t the change my mind topic, I do recommend you check out Strangers in Paradise. Yeah, it’s a black-and-white comic series, but it’s good. The series follows this weird love triangle between three really interesting but oddball characters. It’s a mix of slice-of-life and even some thriller action later on. I think you might like it.

5 Likes

Changing my profile pic to a black and white one out of spite of this atrocious take.

It should be illegal to disrespect the awesomeness of the Eastman and Laird turtles.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Gotta mostly agree w/ this. There are some I like, but I’m almost always gonna prefer full color versions. There are definitely some comics I’ve passed on reading just because I was annoyed they were in black and white

5 Likes

I also hate Variant Comics, I find them to be a complete money grab and nothing else. to provide only a new cover and nothing else I find to be a complete rip off. Variants could at least have no advertisements in them, and some bonus pages of something anything.

And I also don’t like how CGC is some how for some unknown reason the boss on grading comics.

3 Likes