Unpopular Opinions?

fair enough you can think whatever you like

1 Like

Awww, itā€™s great!

4 Likes

I dunno. Iā€™ve found plenty of reasons to hate it over the years. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I mean, I love the art! I really dislike the writing, but the art remains amazing.

6 Likes

Let me guess, itā€™s The Godfather references?

5 Likes

I was not interested in either.

4 Likes

Itā€™s the Godfather references.

4 Likes

I can dig this take. In my mind the story does heavily invoke a great deal of Coppollaā€™s movie but more so in a homage of sorts rather than a copycat method of storytelling born of unoriginality on the part of the author. :smiley:

4 Likes

I had actually posted something similar in a thread here.

DC should bring back ā€œBrave & The Boldā€ and ā€œDC Comics Presentsā€, and add a 3rd title, titled ā€œTruth & Justiceā€, having them all work in tandem.

Example, ā€œBrave & The Boldā€ does a story with Batman & the Wonder Twins. DC Comics Presents does a story with Superman and Naomi. Then, the next ā€œTruth & Justiceā€ does a story with Naomi & the Wonder Twins.

Then ā€œB&tBā€ does Batman & Jinny Hex and ā€œDCCPā€ does Superman & Batgirl. The next ā€œT&Jā€ does Jinny Hex and Batgirl.

and so onā€¦

2 Likes

I like that you put a lot of thought in to that but I think it would be to many team up books
its really best to keep it at one or two

2 Likes

I guess this a unpopular opinion because I am not sure everyone would agree but while I believe Tom King makes most of his protagonist boring, angry, and sad, I donā€™t think that will likely apply to Mr. Terrific.

Heā€™s the deuteragonist in Strange Adventures and in this series heā€™s cool, level-headed, and got the best moral compass out of anyone in Tom Kingā€™s works

2 Likes

As someone who cares not a whit for the (New Teen) Titans (am I allowed to admit that on here without getting pummeled?), Iā€™m not exactly pleased with the direction that Tom Taylorā€™s Nightwing run is taking. When I read a Nightwing solo comic, I want to read a Nightwing solo comic. If I wanted to read a Titans comic, Iā€™d read a Titans comic. And I donā€™t want to read a Titans comic.

3 Likes

Another unpopular opinionā€¦I know they had to pick what sold well, but some of the choices for Absolute Editions were strange to say the least. Identity Crisis? Doomsday Clock? For Tomorrow? Final Crisis?

Meanwhile you have things like the Byrne Man of Steel mini, Morrisonā€™s first JLA arc, some of James Robinsonā€™s Starman (though I will admit, the Omnibus editions kind of filled that void) and even The Death of Superman. Maybe it had to do with paying the creators or something, but so many Absolute editions didnā€™t make sense.

3 Likes

Alan Mooreā€™s Swamp Thing is good, but kindaā€¦overrated, and I feel like most of itā€™s praise is just because of Anatomy Lesson.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t think the Dark Knight trilogy was that great
a few of the villains were cool, but I didnā€™t like Christian Bale as Batman and overall the movies were kind of lame

4 Likes

:purple_heart: :00_justice_league2:

3 Likes

UO- I was really bored with Maxwell Lord in WW84. His breathless antics and agape eyed in screen presence took away from what couldā€™ve been an amazing story of Cheetah V Diana. Wiig needed more time in front of the lens but sadly Pascale got most of it.

4 Likes

I feel the same about Cheetah. The main villain was obviously Maxwell lord, Cheetah being included there was entirely unnecessary. We should have seen her in a third Wonder-woman film.

I honestly blame WW1984 for the lack of Cheetah prominence for a prolonged period in 2022.

3 Likes

Gus!!!!!! i love you!

I dont really like him as robin. Red hood is a pretty cool story though.

6 Likes

Hide this from Batman when he gets back.

6 Likes