Unopened Cards from Superman the Movie (1978) (Plus an extra card)

Found these in an antique shop! I’m sure the gum is super stale by now.

21 Likes

Man, I miss trading cards with gum.

7 Likes

Swell find!

I bought a pack of Batman (Burton) cards at a used music/movie store a year or two ago. After opening them, I tried the gum. It disintegrated in seconds.

I imagine the gum in these would as well, but it’s worth a try. Afterall, how often does one get the opportunity to consume 41 year old gum? Strike while the iron is hot!

7 Likes

Oh wow I can imagine how that tasted!

5 Likes

It was akin to what I imagine chalk with a microscopic inkling of bubble gum flavoring would taste like.

5 Likes

The gum disintegrated faster than a selfless thought in Lex Luthors bald head.

6 Likes

Nice! Those are awesome.

3 Likes

I Don’t Collect Trading Cards, I Collect Comic Books

2 Likes

I tend to just collect whatever DC themed stuff I find. Usually, I really only collect Batman-themed stuff, but I thought these were pretty cool to find in an antique shop.

3 Likes

Very cool! Wonder what year films started putting out trading cards? I remember having them for star wars empire strikes back in 1980. But i cant recall any other films prior till now as i look at your superman cards. Again, very cool

3 Likes

@travis.79854 good question. The earliest movie cards I have seen are Star Wars from 1977. I’ve heard there were cards printed for the James Bond move Goldfinger in 1965.

2 Likes

They also had some Close Encounters of the Third Kind trading cards at that store, and that came out in 1977 I believe.

3 Likes

Lol, same here

1 Like