Unexpected Downsides of Superpowers

Which superpowers do you think have hidden drawbacks? And, just as importantly, would you still like to have that power with those downsides in mind?

4 Likes

Being immortal. I wouldn’t want it for the same reason it’s a drawback for me. I can’t wrap my head around anything never ever ending.

3 Likes

Having a sticky situation power like Spider-man had in his first movie. I know Spider-man is in Marvel, but that still count, right? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s up to @ZatannaAndHerSpells, I’ll keep my lips sealed like the Go-Go’s.

1 Like

Anybody interested in examining the logical consequences of super-powers should read Prof. James Kakalios’s book “The Physics of Superheroes”. He tackles very important questions, like “If Electro runs, does he become Magneto? And vice versa?”

1 Like

Check out Man of Steel Woman of Kleenex by Larry Niven. It covers the downside of super-reproduction.

1 Like

That is such a tough concept to consider, @dago-mage! :cold_sweat:

1 Like

It twists my head if I even attempt to consider it. Even space being infinite & expanding is too much for me to deal with.

Flash being too “fast”

Hawkgirl said it in Justice League, Wally being the “fastest man alive,” “might explain why you can’t get a date”

1 Like