Understanding DC Universe Clearance Levels

I think you have to have clearance level 3 before the bouncer will even bother to speak to you. (Hence my earlier post)

8 Likes

Do we just send the password to the Bouncer in a one word message? How did you submit it?

2 Likes

there isn’t anything in the Iceberg Lounge yet…

2 Likes

reply to the bouncer

3 Likes

just one word answer. I was level 1 when I replied to him. but again, there isn’t anything to see there yet.

2 Likes

I seem to fit all the criteria for level 3 except for the password thing. I’ve sent the password with just the one word, yes, both by following the link in the iceberg message and by sending a message via the Bouncer’s profile.

Are any of y’all in?

5 Likes

I think there’s stuff there once you get in. I think. Did you get a response from bouncer?

2 Likes

I might be missing something, but I can’t seem to figure out how to send Direct Messages. I’ve looked through all of my profile page and the bouncer’s profile page to see if there’s a way to compose a message, but I just can’t find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Direct message function seems to be broken for some people, and the bouncer doesn’t seem to be acknowledging receipt of the password.

For the record, the Iceberg Lounge is what used to be Random. I got pushed through to Clearance 3 by mod fiat, but it’s a little annoying for everybody else that they have to keep up with these arbitrary, semifunctional-at-best requirements just to get at a board that has never had as much trouble with spammers as General, and in fact had the mods moving repetitive threads from other boards to it back in 1.0.

9 Likes

@SpookyJamags

Gotcha. Thanks for the update. I’m good to just chill for now. I’ll get Clearance 3 in a couple of days, so I’m fine with that.

3 Likes

Thanks for that info, BatJ. I figured that was the case and I miss the Random boards. They had more ice cream there! Hopefully, I can sneak past that Bouncer dude soon!!

4 Likes

Just found the Send Message button, so I must have just missed it in my initial scanning through the profile pages.

4 Likes

I sent him the password several hours ago and it is the only thing I am missing for clearance level 3, should I just wait for his reply?

3 Likes

That’s my plan. My guess is that it’ll sort itself out given a little time. The new Community update just came out so I would expect there to be some minor bugs while the system is still new.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking (hoping) something is glitchy here.

2 Likes

This clearance level thing it’s very gamer like, hope it works out .

8 Likes

I don’t see the option to mute other users anywhere.

2 Likes

To get to clearance level 3, in the last 7 days…

• Must have visited at least 3 days
  • Casting at least 10 likes
  • Whispered the password to the Bouncer in the Iceberg Lounge
  • Entering at least 50 topics
  • Reading at least 100 comments
  • Must not have received more than 3 spam or offensive flags (with unique comments and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

So its my guess that folks haven’t been kicked up to level 3 yet because, we haven’t met the 3 out of 7 days of being active in the community requirement.

14 Likes

Except my profile summary says I have visited 3 days. But level 2 mentions the days counted can’t be sequential, so I’ll try again when my time rolls over to 4 days tonight.

5 Likes

Yeah, and mine says 4 days. Again I have no idea how this stuff works and just a shot in the dark. If it’s out of 7 days maybe nothing can happen till the 7th day hits and things all click into place. I reiterate though I know about cracking wise and watching television, not how all this business works.

5 Likes