Underrated members of the Green Lantern Corps

No further explanation needed, I wanna know which Lantern’s you consider underrated and why! It doesn’t have to be a deep and meaningful reason, for example I like Chaselon solely because he looks super cool!

Multiple entries allowed too.

1 Like

G’nort.

3 Likes

Rot Lop Fan!

3 Likes

Cool drawing! I love Rot Lop Fan. I’d love to see more of the guy. The idea of a Lantern with no concept of color was one of those genius, quintessentially Alan Moore ideas.

1 Like

I never thought of G’nort as underrated, but you know what? I think you’re right. When the cards are down he (usually) comes through and proves why he has the ring.

Plus, he’s Larfleeze’s cousin, and you gotta love the hilarity of that

1 Like

I think Tomar Re doesn’t get enough credit for stabilizing Krypton long enough for baby Kal’s ship to get off. That act alone makes him one of the most important Lanterns in history!

1 Like

B’dg (the Hlevnite or chipmunk lantern that took Ch’p place)

Isamot Kol- the Lizarkon from Thanagar. He can regenerate his detached limbs.

1 Like

Both solid picks! Didn’t Isamot Kol have a rivalry/tenuous respect for a Rannian GL? I remember thinking that dynamic was cool

1 Like

I’m especially partial to alot of the Gil Kane designed Lanterns like Chaselon. Larvox is a weird but cool looking one, too

1 Like

Yes. They were both picked from the same war. The Thanagar-rann war. And I think sometime before or after blackest night. Vath Sarn, the rann lantern had lost his legs and they amputated Isamots so he now has lizard legs.

1 Like

Turryt is another favorite lantern of mine. He is a red doomsday green lantern. An obscure green lantern that took up mantle after his predecessor kehaan. I wish that DC would explore more of the back story for some of these lesser lanterns like the chaselon, B’dg or turryt. It would be interesting to know their origin before they became a lantern.

1 Like