Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters

Given the date today, this seemed like as good a time as any to make a thread all about the ol’ Spirit of America and his stalwart allies. So go ahead and share your thoughts on the characters below!

2 Likes

I love the new Venditti run. Eddy Barrows’ name on it convinced me to check it out and I haven’t regretted it since!

1 Like

I agree

The Freedom Fighters mini series has quite a fresh approach for Uncle Sam.

Here,here the new series is great ! Been really enjoying it. Great concept on the dystopian future and wonderful understated nods to the DC comic universe.

Roberts Venditti Currently Freedom Fighters series Is one of my favorite comics right now It’s to bad its only 12 issues

1 Like

@AnimalPerson
Yeah it’s kind of weird because it doesn’t really feel like a miniseries, it feels more like an ongoing. But, oh man, that last Overman issue was GREAT.

1 Like

Phantom Lady has always been one of my favorites. I found a great figure of her for my collection on Amazon delivered from London and just got a Ray figure to join her that came with both arms to complete my super Lex. Always been a fan human bomb, doll man and girl, black condor of course Uncle Sam. Also loved when plastic man joined for a while.

1 Like

The new miniseries is great. DC is putting out some good minis right now, Electric Warriors was good and Martian Manhunter is great. Oh and the new Lois Lane. I went off topic sorry, enjoying the Freedom Fighters series.

2 Likes

@mceddard.91225
You read Electric Warriors, too? I thought I was the only one! That book was so good!

1 Like

@mceddard.91225
You read Electric Warriors, too? I thought I was the only one! That book was so good!

@Batwing52, it was a great read, I’m a huge Kamandi fan so the ties to that series were cool.