Tuesday Trivia, 1/14 @2 PM PST/5 PM EST: Civilian Mode!

Join us Tuesday, 1/14 @2pm PST/5pm EST for a live, easy mode trivia challenge!

Welcome to a very special edition of Tuesday Trivia! This January 14th, I’ll be challenging you all to 2 hours of trivia questions, where the first to answer each of them correctly wins a point! Whoever has the most points by the end wins the game, and an exclusive Riddler profile badge!

This week’s theme: CIVILIAN EDITION! I’m going to try tuning down the merciless stumpers that I usually bring to the table to allow common mortals the chance to claim this elusive title. If you’ve ever felt like dipping your toes into the tides of trivia, this is your best time to do it!

(Please note: only one guess is allowed per person per question. Do not go back and edit your original guesses.)

Who amongst you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

Riddler — 9
Nathan.Payson — 6
Ry-El — 3
Adamantine — 2
CharlieSheensDealer — 1
red-lew-god — 1
scarie2010.15620 — 1
NightwingArtemis — 1
Gipperfan78 — 1
10 Likes

:thinking:Question, am I ready to face ‘The’ Question? That’s a very good question! I’ll let you know on Tuesday!:grin:

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! I must win for Mr. Nygma!

2 Likes

I hope I can atleast get a point.

I’m so sorry to say it look like I won’t be able to play tomorrow. Hope you all have a great time!
Rock, sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they’ve got and win just one for the Gipper. I don’t know where I’ll be then, Rock, but I’ll know about it and I’ll be happy.":slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If I change my name to KnuteMisfit, how many people will get the joke?

3 Likes

Well, I’m afraid I don’t get it if that helps lol. I’m a 31-year-old woman from the Appalachian Mountains, so I dunno if it’s a regional thing, or an age thing, or a gender thing, or just a reference in general that I’m missing here, but I’ve got no clue what you’re talking about lol. I am intrigued though if that makes any difference :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’ll give it my best try.

@CharlieSheensDealer, @MisfitMarvel was making a joke about my comment cause he knew where I got the quote from.
The Quote is from a man name George Gipp who was a college football player for Notre Dame, sadly Gipp was dying. So this was a real famous quote to his famous coach Knute Rockne.
Many years later after Rockne was tragically killed in a plane crash their was a movie about him starring Pat O’Brien as Rockne and Ronald Reagan as George Gipp. In the movie they remade this famous scene. This what got Reagan famous.
Here’s a fun little fact, George Reeves who play Superman had a small cameo role in this movie playing a angry football player who’s losing a game! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Or MisfitBrody.

2 Likes

What time would it be for standard time zone

Would it be 4:00pm for central time zone

1 Like

@Reaganfan78 was quoting the 1940 motion picture Knute Rockne: All-American

I used to be big into old movies— now I’m more of a genre/popcorn movie kind of guy.

1 Like

Correct! 4:00 PM Central!

1 Like

Wikipedia lists his role as “a distraught player”

1 Like

What makes someone a civilian?

2 Likes

Thank you @HubCityQuestion. #? Is the best

1 Like

It’s just a notation that these questions will be suitable for the mere mortals, as opposed to the heroic effort usually required.

3 Likes

Ah.

You realize, you just proclaimed @khristian012 a kind of Atlas, or Mercury…

1 Like