Trying to find a Batman story that I'm not sure even happened?

I feel like I remember hearing a Batman story where Robin is kidnapped by the Joker and tortured and assumed dead but Batman never found the body. Then at a later point the Joker tells Batman that Robin had told him who Batman was and all this other information then once Robin was begging to be killed the Joker let him leave because it wasn’t fun anymore. So the Robin ended up being alive and Batman was heart broken because that meant that the Robin had decided to live his life without ever reaching out to Batman to let him know he’s alive.
I’ve tried searching it up but I couldn’t find what comic this was or any comic like it? Maybe I just imagined it up but any help would be appreciated.

I may be mistaken but I think that is part of the plot of the movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

I’m not sure if all the details add up, but I think you might be thinking of Batman: White Knight.

4 Likes

That might be it! I think read that about a year ago so I’ll have to go back and re-read it. Thanks!

I’ll check that out. I don’t know if I ever really watched the cartoon Batman but I’ll see if that’s right. Thanks for the help!

Yeah, that’s definitely White Knight

2 Likes