Trunks or No Trunks?

When it comes to the World’s Finest, do you like the classic trunks and belt combo, or the new (52) look, featuring more detailed belts, and no trunks? I’m a big fan of the trunks, myself, but I know people who aren’t. What are your thoughts?

6 Likes

I don’t mind them on the bat, but I think Supes just looked better streamlined. Like he doesn’t need the old school “Strong man” look. He’s already swole.

4 Likes

Superman’s costume is just too blue without any red trunks breaking it up.

4 Likes

They are part of a very bygone era. In all cases, i am anti-trunk.

3 Likes

Trunks. He needs the red to break up the monotany of the blue

5 Likes

Isnt that what the cape, boots and Highlights are for?

3 Likes

I think that the trunks are outdated, but agree that Supes’ suit should be broken up by some red. This is why my favorite suit is the the “Rebirth” suit, because it both updates the suit and breaks up the blue.

2 Likes

Trunks. All blue tights is a terrible look. Also, don’t mess with the classics.

4 Likes

Trunks. It’s a superhero classic and in the case of Batman and Superman, it’s a staple to the character.

3 Likes

Trunks. It doesn’t matter if circus strongmen don’t wear trunks anymore. Superheroes wear trunks because Superman wears trunks.

4 Likes

Edna Mode Voice No trunks!

5 Likes

"Superheroes wear trunks because Superman wears trunks. "

Give Knox a grant.

8 Likes

Put some trunks on Superman, this isn’t yoga class!

5 Likes

The trunkless suits are hideously boring. What is people’s problem with color?

2 Likes

I’d ditch the trucks but keep the belt

4 Likes

I prefer the trunks, though I’m okay with no trunks. It’s the collar I have a problem with.

5 Likes

I’m not a trunk person. I don’t hate them but they do feel classic to me. So if it’s classic go for trunks. If it’s not then don’t.

6 Likes

I prefer the trunks. The New52 suits were, across the board, uninspired and lazy, and I feel like a lot of people rag on the trunks because they’re taking the “underwear” jokes too seriously.

2 Likes

I’m an old man…when I was reading comics as a kid, DC was setting the norm for superheroes and Marvel was a wanna be. I will always prefer the classic look.

1 Like

Trunks for sure, but I didn’t think New 52 was bad. I actually liked the seems/details & the metallic futuristic look of that armor. Superman in my opinion though is so steeped in history & tradition, that he just lends himself better to a classic superhero look. I mean…he is the original comic book superhero.
Here’s a concept by Ivan Reis that I think is really cool. It’s mainly the classic trunks look, but with a modern spin. I like it a lot.

1 Like