Trivia Tuesday - The "FREE" Edition

Greeting germs,

Your old pal, The Riddler, here ready for some fun!

As you may know, I am no longer incarcerated and the evil Applejack and her minions have no idea where I am!! (They also never deleted my log in information, so let’s play!)

You guys know the deal by now – Every Tuesday I will be presenting you with a Riddle to challenge your puny minds. Remember the rules – No cheating or Googling. If you can answer the first riddle, a second will follow suit in the comments below.

Let’s do this, and let’s not bring this to the attention of Applejack!

Gotham City Police Department are investigating another murder in a science lab on the south-side of the city.

A rather well known scientist has been found dead with forced trauma to the back of the head. Police cannot locate a weapon of any sort.

When looking around the lab, Gordon finds a piece of paper with the following written on it, and he immediately knows who killed the scientist.

17, 8, 74, 7

Do you know with famous Gotham villain killed the scientist?

4 Likes

Dr. Freeze
or The Riddler

2 Likes

Welcome friend. How have you been, AquamonC137?

Your answers are incorrect!

2 Likes

I wish we could ask the scientist, but unfortunately, that’s impossible. He’s dead. Period. All we have is this note he left on the Table. Luckily, we have all the Elements we need to reconstruct the crime, and prove that the Joker did it.

2 Likes

Damn you, BatJamags!

Ready for another?

2 Likes

Not sure where everybody else is, but sure!

3 Likes

Hey Riddler I’m good how bout yourself?

2 Likes

why was it the Joker? just curious

1 Like

I’d have had it if I’d had time to figure out the 74th letter of the alphabet

2 Likes

I am good, I have been having the time of my life out seeing the sights and plotting… things!

Alright here is number 2:

I grown in the dark, but shine in the light;
The paler I am, the more I am liked;
My maker never gets paid, but never goes on strike.

What am I?

1 Like

Aquamon: Look at the atomic numbers on the Periodic Table of Elements (and note the conspicuously capitalized words in my answer). They spell out “ClOWN.”

3 Likes

oh gosh I don’t know

1 Like

@BatJ, ahh. I am a biology major but I suck at chemistry. BatJ you are quite good at these

1 Like

For the new riddle… Diamonds? The last line doesn’t quite fit, but the underground pressure that forms diamonds from coal technically counts.

1 Like

oh thats a good answer

1 Like

@Aquamon: Was never much for science either, but the fact that the victim was a scientist was the tipoff.

1 Like

He is very good at these (kinda annoying sometimes). Maybe we should team up sometime, BatJamags!

1 Like

ahh. I suck at riddles but I love to play

1 Like

We are here to have fun (and avoid the mods).

2 Likes

I have trouble deciding whether the clues are literal or playon words

1 Like