Trivia Tuesday, 8/9 @ 2 PM PST/5 PM EST: The Sandman

I will show you fear in a handful of dust… this week on Trivia Tuesday, we’re celebrating an adaptation over 30 years in the making: the debut of THE SANDMAN on Netflix. I’ll be binging the whole show this weekend, but trivia will cover the first 8 issues of Neil Gaiman’s classic comics run, available now for free on DC Universe Infinite!

THE RULES:

• Starting at 2:00pm PST on August 9th, trivia questions will be posted by me in the comments below.
  • One new question will be posted from the start time and every 5 minutes afterward, until 24 questions have been asked.
  • The first person to correctly answer each question receives a point.
  • At some point, the game may enter a SPEED FORCE ROUND, where questions begin to appear faster.
  • Whoever has the most points after 24 questions wins the game, and receives an exclusive RIDDLER BADGE to wear on their Community Profile. 8-the-riddler _ BADGE SM
  • Not the winner? You may have better luck next week… schedule permitting, everyone who scores at least one point may be entered in a random drawing to select a future topic.
  • Only one guess is allowed per person, per question.
  • Do not go back and edit your original guesses.
  • In the event of a tie game… something interesting happens.

Who among you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

Row.Harper [19]
casasstrophe [5]
idle453 [3]
MatthewHecht [1]
TaimurDar [1]
Detective7 [1]
6 Likes

I’m not going to start making a Sandman joke on favorite Sandman.
Knowingly you’re a fan @HubCityQuestion, I honestly know nothing about the Sandman and I hope the new show is a great show for you to enjoy. :slightly_smiling_face:
I can’t wait for The Penguin series. :grinning:

2 Likes

2 Likes

LOL! Wow, I now feel sorry for Grundy! :hushed:

2 Likes

True

2 Likes

IMPORTANT UPDATE: In the interest of fairness, I am limiting trivia this week to the first 8 issues of The Sandman available now on DCUI.

5 Likes

You mean I memorized the transcript of issues 9-75 for nothing?

4 Likes

Yay! Thank you!

I was gonna say, I was going to find out how faithful the TV series was to the rest of the comic series. Because that was what I was going to base all my guesses on. But now I don’t have to!

3 Likes

Hopefully I wake up on time.

Good night.

3 Likes

The show is pretty faithful to issues 1-16 of the comic, but there are some surprises!

3 Likes

Are you hungry, are you thirsty

1 Like

That’s good to know! I can’t wait to read the rest of the comic.

1 Like

I remembered today was Tuesday, but I’m at the wrong 2pm.

2 Likes

im here but i didnt understand much because the lettering does not agree with my dyslexia

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!

3 Likes

I’m going to play without reading The Sandman, so this should be interesting.

4 Likes

oh yeah, that, thanks

3 Likes

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!!

5 Likes