Trivia Tuesday, 6/13 @ 2 PM PST/5 PM EST: Flashpoint

This week for Trivia Tuesday, we’re investigating the 2011 event which inspired the Flash movie coming days from now to theaters, Flashpoint! Forget everything you think you know about the DC Universe for this vastly alternate take like readers of 12 years ago had never seen before.

THE RULES:

• Starting at 2:00pm PST on June 13th, trivia questions will be posted by me in the comments below.
  • One new question will be posted from the start time and every 5 minutes afterward, until 24 questions have been asked.
  • The first person to correctly answer each question receives a point.
  • At some point, the game may enter a SPEED FORCE ROUND, where questions begin to appear faster.
  • Whoever has the most points after 24 questions wins the game, and receives an exclusive RIDDLER BADGE to wear on their Community Profile. 8-the-riddler _ BADGE SM
  • Not the winner? You may have better luck next week… schedule permitting, everyone who scores at least one point may be entered in a random drawing to select a future topic.
  • One guess is allowed per player after the question is asked.
  • Do not go back and edit your original guesses.
  • In the event of a tie game… something interesting happens.

Who among you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

Row.Harper [10]
Detective7 [5]
MatthewHecht [4]
casasstrophe [1]
DreamingGirlWonder [1]
5 Likes

Time for trivia on my second bottom series from my second favorite writer.

3 Likes

I haven’t read this series in years… I just re-read the main 5 issues. It feels so much shorter than I remember it being. I still love it.

Welp, onto the 8000 tie-ins…

3 Likes

I reread the main five issues last month to prepare myself to write a review of the Flashpoint movie, since I wanted to be able to explain adaptation changes (and I know many of my fellow bloggers make big mistakes because they rely on memory or Wikipedia for that).

3 Likes

Finished reading the tie in I wanted to read. Now I guess time to read the other ones (or some of them).

2 Likes

I am now in this timeline. Time to dominate.

2 Likes

I love Flashpoint Beyond.

2 Likes

It is proof that sometimes a sequel outshines the original in every conceivable way.

1 Like

Just finished the Kid Flash tie ins and dang DC really just did a full Flash event, and within it, killed off every Flash family member except Barry and then just didn’t mention any of them for about 5 years? Geez. (I don’t count you Bar-Torr, you did your best…)

I’m mad about this 12 years later and I didn’t know about it then.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. Nothing matters.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’m not going to be able to make it. I’m going to see Across the Spider-verse.

6 Likes

welcome to “ive never read any of it,lets see how many issues i can get through in 4 hours”

7 Likes

I wish we had the full omnibus on here. It would make reading through all of this so much faster.

3 Likes

how i felt looking at all the tie ins

4 Likes

I just finished all of them. I thought I had read more of them before but a bunch were new to me.

I think some of the tie-ins should have been part of the main story, and that the main story should have been more than 5 issues. But still a great event and one of my favorites.

4 Likes

it has one of my least favourite tropes (universe displaced person not catching on and making me feel secondhand embarrassment) but im liking the tie ins so far

4 Likes

I have 36 tie-ins left. Let’s see how much further I can make it.

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 4.35.57 PM

oh hey its mister city

4 Likes