Trivia Tuesday, 4/26 @ 2 PM EST/5 PM EST: HubCityQuestion BIRTHDAY PARTY

I’m here too!

Happy Birthday @HubCityQuestion!!! :tada:

3 Likes

Oh, okay. First, I would absolutely not recommend anyone begin reading about Vic with The Deaths of Vic Sage. He’s meant to come across as a hardline ass in that, who undergoes a transformative experience throughout the series. It’s a very conceptually heavy tribute to both Steve Ditko and Denny O’Neil’s takes on the character, but it’s a story which is really told better in The Question #1-2 by Denny himself in 1987.

The Question, and Vic himself, is a story about change, and redemption. About accepting a more complex view of life when your own doesn’t hold up to reality, and evolving to meet your expanded understanding of the world. Vic Sage is a jerk when you meet him, because he’s meant to be. He is molded by the contrary experiences of his world view into a better man.

Unlike Batman, or Superman, Vic Sage is not a static character. He is always evolving, always seeking a greater comprehension of what the world is and his own place in it. And that’s something important to me.

7 Likes

Suuuuuure you are, Alfred. :wink:

2 Likes

i will reevaluate my position after some further readings

2 Likes

I liked his story in the recent Batman: Urban Legends!

2 Likes

I’m prepared to lose.

2 Likes

That was an excellent story, there. One that fits equally within Denny’s series and within The Question’s character as he appears in JLU. Ryan Cady gets the guy.

4 Likes

Hello.

4 Likes

Hi :wave:.

1 Like

Oh, I just realized I’ve been in this thread for multiple minutes reading everyone’s responses without wishing you a happy birthday myself! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

4 Likes

Happy birthday @HubCityQuestion!! :birthday:

5 Likes

I know I said that I would binge some Question last week but I’ve lately taken a halt in reading anything except comics from last year.

3 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

wanting to say something but also he is the birthday guy

3 Likes

Sorry. I got a little worked up because somebody tried to tell me they didn’t like Vic Sage, and I had to calm myself down. Here we go!

6 Likes

Q1. What song does The Question sing for the men who had him killed?

2 Likes

You never have to apologize on your birthday!

2 Likes

O Danny boy

1 Like

Totally understand. I couldn’t focus if anyone told me Peter Capaldi was not the best incarnation of the Doctor.

1 Like

The song is just called “Danny Boy,” but I’ll count it!

3 Likes