Trivia Tuesday, 3/17 @2 PM PT/5 PM ET: The Darkseid Invaders!

IT’S PRIME-TIME! Welcome back to Tuesday Trivia! This March 17th, I’ll be challenging you all to 2 hours of trivia questions, where the first to answer each of them correctly wins a point! Whoever has the most points by the end wins the game, and an exclusive Riddler profile badge!

This week’s theme, the second in a series of four Meta Madhouse themed trivia nights: THE DARKSEID INVADERS! This week’s trivia will be focused on all the villains in Darkseid’s bracket for this year’s Meta Madhouse tournament. That list includes:

• Black Adam
  • General Zod
  • Parallax
  • Anti-Monitor
  • Trigon
  • Blackfire
  • Superboy-Prime
  • Doomsday
  • Granny Goodness
  • Starro
  • Hecate
  • Ares
  • Mongul
  • Despero
  • Sinestro
  • Lady Bleez

So study up this week on some of the most notorious threats and conquerors in the DC Universe!

(Please note: only one guess is allowed per person per question. Do not go back and edit your original guesses.)

Who amongst you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

FerroLad - 7
Ry-El - 6
debbiempeterson - 4
TheBatmanofNML - 3
MisfitCMJ - 1
Batboy84 - 1
NYJt3 - 1
7 Likes

Yay! I’m not gonna know any of these!
:banehappyhqtas:

1 Like

“I’m going to blow up this trivia competition…”

3 Likes

I’m ready for humiliation!

Fun fact about Darkseid, he likes French cusine. (At least that’s what @DeSade-acolyte claims. I still think it was a fruit tray).

2 Likes

Well, that’s gotta go right over here, if that is indeed a fun FACT!

2 Likes

I already submitted it! Thanks for the suggestion though!

1 Like

It’s veggie trays Darkseid’s into.

3 Likes

:sob: I was hoping there was a true source, this would be my favorite fun fact of all time if we could substantiate it!

2 Likes

Mr Miracle number 1 (I haven’t actually read it so I don’t know that it’s true.)

2 Likes

sorry that’s Mr Miracle 11 not 1

1 Like

The image clearly showed carrots which classically means the green stripes are not apples (especially since we see no white fruit flesh in the green sticks as well) but celery. The ramekin in the center is a non heavy, white (whole milk or cream) color. The lends credence to it being more of a vinaigrette type dipping sauce. This is what separates French Crudités from American Crudités. Also, even though Biff Pow keeps making the cream puff arguments, it is clear that Darkseid enjoys savory over sweet foods. The Pâte à choux, which makes up cream puffs is also used as a pastry for savory items in French cuisine, but savory use of Pâte à choux is virtually never used in American cuisine. So yet more evidence that Darkseid appreciates classic French Cuisine.

3 Likes

Well, it’s worth noting that the context of the image is that the veggie tray is a gift from Mister Miracle and Big Barda. He’s simply indulging in their offering.

4 Likes

Five till!

2 Likes

Four til+

2 Likes

Three till!

2 Likes

hope i didn’t miss it

3 Likes

You’re just in time!

2 Likes

Pre show!

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong Q, but there is no canonical reference that Darkseid, being a god, even needs to eat. (And the surface of Apokolips is hardly the best location for the growing of anything but tubers and root vegetables.)

So if Darkseid is partaking of food it is because he desires to. Also, if Darkseid is partial to French Cuisine, it makes sense that it would influence the style of food preparation on Apokolips and certainly something both Barda and Mr. Miracle would have assimilated.

3 Likes