Trivia Tuesday, 3/14 @ 2 PM PST/5 PM EST: The Shazamily!

All hands on deck! As Shazam: Fury of the Gods approaches its theatrical release, this week on Trivia Tuesday we’re celebrating one big Shazamily. So get to know bits about Billy, something about Mary, and visit your old Uncle Dudley before it all comes crashing down on a magical lightning round!

THE RULES:

• Starting at 2:00pm PST on March 14th, trivia questions will be posted by me in the comments below.
  • One new question will be posted from the start time and every 5 minutes afterward, until 24 questions have been asked.
  • The first person to correctly answer each question receives a point.
  • At some point, the game may enter a SPEED FORCE ROUND, where questions begin to appear faster.
  • Whoever has the most points after 24 questions wins the game, and receives an exclusive RIDDLER BADGE to wear on their Community Profile. 8-the-riddler _ BADGE SM
  • Not the winner? You may have better luck next week… schedule permitting, everyone who scores at least one point may be entered in a random drawing to select a future topic.
  • Only one guess is allowed per person, per question.
  • Do not go back and edit your original guesses.
  • In the event of a tie game… something interesting happens.

Who among you will emerge triumphant in the winner’s circle? To find out, you’ll have to ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

Detective7 [5.5]
DreamingGirlWonder [5]
Row.Harper [4]
MatthewHecht [2.5]
patterson65.37405 [2]
casasstrophe [2]
Zontar_of__Pellucidar [1]
ReepDaggle [1]
6 Likes

You mean winner’s lightning bolt

2 Likes

I am now part of the Shazamily. I am the batsupreme!

2 Likes

I am sure you guys are wondering what I think of the recently announced Hawkgirl series, thus I will give it now.

“A brand-new adventure with sky-high action, adventure, and intrigue” In other words water is wet. The sky is Blue. A is A.

“Kendra Saunders, the winged warrior better known as Hawkgirl” I would prefer Shayera leads it, but I love Kendra too. Kendra is the darker character of the two. I think Kendra has a higher ceiling as the lead, but also a way lower floor.

“Kendra decides she needs a fresh start and heads to Metropolis to begin a new life” I can name hordes of places where it would make more sense for her to go than Metropolis like Midway City or just down the block in St. Roch. All I am gathering is they do not have faith they will not be forcing Superman crossovers. She seems like the type of person who would prefer to live outside the actual city and just fly there to be a superhero than actually live in it. Kendra is a extroverted loner who really needs her alone time.

“That life is quickly interrupted by a mysterious villain with a powerful connection to the Nth Metal that makes up Hawkgirl’s wings and weapons.”
So We are rereading The Savage Hawkman? Who is going to be the villain again?

" Hawkgirl will also feature a series of variant covers that recount Kendra’s DC history." I just know I am going to constantly like these more than the actual covers.

I am sure I will buy the first few issues at worst case scenario.

4 Likes

I have no chance of winning this one. Black Adam perhaps, but I’m pretty weak here. I just need one point for the new topic drawing!

4 Likes

I already won Black Adam trivia, as I love reading books where Hawkman crushes him like a grape.

Yes, if we have a random draw you only need one point. Also winner does not make the draw.

3 Likes

Probably no random draw tonight. Usually reserved for the last trivia of the month.

4 Likes

Yeah Bats, I just finished Black Reign and Hawkman really brings the heat! (to the dismay of the rest of the JSA)

2 Likes

1 Like

I have to admit, I laughed last time I read Black Reign and came to this panel.

3 Likes

I still cry at, which amazes me with how much I use it as a gag.

Is this going to cover all aspects of Shazam or just the movies?

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m here! I’m definitely not a Shazam expert though. So, this will be fun.

2 Likes

I have been a Shazam before, so I am indeed an expert. Assuming we only ask questions from The Lego Shazam movie of course (or questions that involve Stargirl obviously).

1 Like

Semi-trivia related question. Anyone else reading Danger Street because we read the 1st issue specials a while back? I read issue 3 today and I am loving it.

1 Like

Nope. I am too busy reading Hawkman.

1 Like

All aspects!

3 Likes

One thing I will say about the recently announced Hawkgirl series is that my friend Jadzia is writing it. I know Kendra isn’t most people’s favorite Hawkgirl, but she’s building something very interesting for her.

4 Likes