**Trivia Tuesday, 12/31 @5:00 PM EST: New Years Trivia!**

Welcome to the final trivia competition of 2019! Join us in the hours before we bring in the new year for one last chance to prove your DC dominance and earn the exclusive Riddler Badge for your profile! Every 5 minutes from 5 PM to 7 PM EST, I’ll be posting a new question and keeping score in this top post. Whoever answers correctly first wins the point! Whoever has the most points at the end wins the game!

(Please note that only one guess is allowed per person, per question. Other than violation of this rule, accusations of “cheating” will not be tolerated.)

This week’s topic: NEW YEARS! The answer to every question I ask will be a specific year in DC history! So crack open those books and get to studying, because only ONE of you will emerge triumphant as you ANSWER… THE QUESTION!

SCOREBOARD

MisfitMarvel — 7
PrincessAmethyst — 5
Reaganfan78 — 2
seitan — 1
4 Likes

2 hours to go until the last trivia of the year!

1 Like

1 hour left to bone up on your DC history!

1 Like

I’m sorry that this is a final trivia, I can’t wait til you bring it back next year!:partying_face:

2 Likes

Just two minutes to go!

Here we go! Remember: the answer to every question this week is a year!

YEAR #1: The DC Implosion.

1 Like

@MisfitMarvel gains an early lead!

1978 was the year DC canceled a huge portion of their line, leading to the “Canceled Comics Cavalcade” showcasing material which didn’t make it to print.

2 Likes

YEAR #2: Captain Comet, the man born out of time, debuts in STRANGE ADVENTURES.

1953?

1 Like

Earlier!

2 Likes

1 Like

Later!

2 Likes

The correct answer was 1951 — in Strange Adventures 9!

YEAR #3: DC acquires the rights to publish the Shazam! family.

Earlier than 1973, later than 1968!