Treasures of Who's Who!

I’m flipping through Who’s Who and finding little delights and wish to share these morsels, and to see any that stick out to you! Like

George Perez drew Wally looking like this

WHAT are you wearing Laurel

Oh

I haven’t even looked at his name yet because no name could do him justice

7 Likes

@biff_pow Is he Pippy Longstocking Dugan-Fury and his Howling Commandos?

3 Likes

:smile:

4 Likes

Who’s Who is on my reading list :+1:

3 Likes

My suspicions are confirmed

Screenshot_20200207-165628_DC Universe

He’s a moonlighting Kraven the Hunter in disguise

4 Likes

Well, gonna have to read Who’s Who next. Now I’m intrigued, never heard or seen (and I’d have remembered seeing) this guy

3 Likes

And here I thought Kraven’s usual outfit was a little much.

4 Likes

All that work on his face, but Kraven forgets to change out of his costume. No wonder Spidey kicked his @ss so often!

3 Likes

Who’s Who is a treasure trove. I also highly recommend the “Who’s Who” podcast on the Fire and Water network as a companion piece.

6 Likes

@biff_pow Laurel, put something decent on!

5 Likes

It’s great when you just have a moment, and more entertaining than a wiki! And it’s like a time capsule. Without it, I’d never know the difference between

• Johnny Thunder
  • Johnny Thunder
  • Johnny “Jack” Thunder
  • Jonni Thunder
  • John E. Thunder
  • Yanni Tunder

@Eagle sounds intriguing!

3 Likes

I see she has anti-gravity powers

2 Likes

Well, she is flying in that ridiculous serape!

3 Likes

Now THAT is a superheroine costume. Always glad when the female heroes and villains show more skin. The only thing I felt bad about that costume was that it wasn’t a thong in back. (If their doing sexiest men comps and no sexiest women comps, this is as good a way as any to fight sexism.)

Who’s who is one of my favorite books of all time. Wish they’d bring back an updated version.

2 Likes

There is the men’s version, but it just doesn’t work as well.

4 Likes

It’s the gloves, they pull the eye from the core of the costume.

5 Likes

lol but his actual face is scary?

I’ve never read Atari Force, but I’ve always been struck by this design! P.S. I first saw this ~30 years ago and just noticed the legwarmers

4 Likes

I just read the first issue The As. I’m still looking for that Nick Pippi Long-Fury Warlord character.

3 Likes

Well, maybe Laurel was saving some orphans and didn’t want to offend their little eyeballs. So she used her trusty backup poncho.
Also, that thing about Boomerang is awesome.

2 Likes

This is such a cool costume! I wish he was used more.

I don’t dislike any Brainiac designs, including pink shirt + short pants, but dang if this one isn’t cool

4 Likes