Transgender Activist to play Jericho on Titans

LBGTQ Activist Chella Man will be portraying Jericho on Titans. He has no acting credits what-so-ever so I dont really get this choice. No credit is better than bad credit I suppose. Actors not activists would be my preference.
Good luck, Chella.

6 Likes

It should also be noted that he is deaf, that is a pretty tangible reason for this role. Got them curly locks too. Still, he is repped by a modeling agency.

4 Likes

I’m really proud of the moves DC’s been making to champion representation.

4 Likes

The casting agents on Titans have made great choices thus far so I trust their decision on hiring a newcomer.

4 Likes

The fact that the actor hired is transgendered and an activist is irrelevant to the role. I couldn’t care less. Just a talking point for SJW’s. I am glad that they picked a deaf actor. That IS relevant to the character.

5 Likes

If the guy is deaf then that likely was a big part of it. Not that a hearing person couldn’t play a deaf person but that does help with the role being deaf I am sure. He also does look kind of like Jerrico. Do agree as a rule I prefer actors, but he is far from the first time a non actor got a role on a show. I am willing to give it a chance.

3 Likes

It is sad that you did not mention is disabilty at all in the title. I am hearing he is a deaf and a new actor? Why label him activist and tranagender.

2 Likes

Other than that yeah actors are better but like we say in DCEU movies will give it a chance lol

2 Likes

I hope he does a well job in Titans and his new acting carreer.

2 Likes

Lastly Kudos to DC for doing stuff like this. I always read tweet of fans who watch DC but cant see/read/hear but are huge fans pretty sure Jericho will be a welcome one.

2 Likes

Calm down, we’re all super impressed with your open and inclusive attitude. Fair to point out the very next post was me acknowledging his disability and pointing out that it was a strength. So maybe step down from your soapbox? As for the title, it’s literally how it was reported in the first report I read. Heres another:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmodo.com/transgender-activist-chella-man-is-titans-jericho-1833408566/amp

1 Like

Yeah I read the comment, I just found out about deafness and I hope he does a good job.

I said I agree I would prefer a EXPERIANCED actor but will give him a chance.

Lastly the last guy in the comments is right the article title is just awful/clickbait/jimmies and sad that people fall for those. Him being trans or activist is just weird to put as a title and now has us talking about it, so I guess it worked cause thats your title too.

Anyhow back to Jericho. Hope he is good, hope everything comes out good. Cheers!

2 Likes

Based on the actors look and their hearing disability, I think this is a very good casting choice, but I’m more than a little concerned by new characters being added when we haven’t even seen the Titans really tam up yet and their original story is only half told.

4 Likes

Don’t care, and I don’t know if the person will be good at acting. I just hope they cast the best person for the role, and not just because of the disability. Stunt casting and forced diversity is totally BS.

3 Likes