Trade paperback releases

anyone here keep up with physical release of trade paperbacks, my current pull list has just put the 2019-2020 release of Justice League on a hiatus / pause , so no telling when DC is going to get back to that series as a T.P. So now with others , just sitting here waiting in limbo for DC to get caught up and print the next T.P for Justice League.

So anyone know why this is ? Or can venture and educated guess when J.L Vol 5 is going to come out. I am hoping by the summer.

DC is thinking of a new approach on trades

1 Like

Amazon currently shows Justice League volume 5: The Doom War as coming out on May 26th, which means it’s direct market release is on May 20th, as the bookstore and digital markets get new trades six days after comic stores do.

Volume 6 doesn’t have a date yet as that will start with #40, which just came out yesterday, so right now it’s too early to determine when that volume will be released. The earliest timeframe would likely be at some point in the fall.

1 Like

Holy Fk Nuts man, I am having to re read this a couple more times, the, questioning and logic behind taking the number off volume spines, seems really trivial to me and I am having a hard time understanding the rationale behind it. Personally I don’t care , I just use the vol number to know I am not jumping the story any, but that can easily be clarified by just putting on the back " collects issues # - #. ( now i just re read it, "Also, I want to make sure we’re clear about what’s in that book. That’s why the title’s more important. I’d like someone to pick it up for the reading experience rather than straight numbering.” okay fine, but again, for your casual reader to just go , Oh look at this title to this trade paperback, cool, i’ll give it a shot, to get into it and go wait a minute, this is confusing because the story is coming off of three other volumes before it; would be like printing Lord of the Rings and going okay good luck on figuring out where you are on this book , just enjoy the reading experience and forget the numbering. ) I can understand the reasoning behind pausing some releases by not meeting sales that was pretty easy to comprehend. Thanks for this link. I did kind of figure that the dropping or pausing releases was due to weak sales, but I was hoping it wouldn’t stop the Trade Paperbacks, but as the next replied shows it will be around May for the next T.P to come out.

Thanks, I was looking for JL Vol5 and had no clue on the title. will deff be ordering it via amazon if i have too. I like to support my local Comic Book Store, but with the hiatus taking place on my normal pull list site, I will probably have to resort to else where.

Which is really odd, that Amazon would have a release date, but the site i use to pull comics, is like, DUR on hiatus / pause, sorry we have no clue wtf is going on.

1 Like

Amazon always lists upcoming trades/original graphic novels and related products months and months ahead of when they’re solicited to the comic store market.

Even though I frequent the Previews site, Amazon has been my #1 go-to for release dates on upcoming collected editions for several years now. When changes in release dates occur, Amazon is typically quick to update their information as well.

1 Like

Isn’t that rather bananas , you would think that any comic book subscription site, could keep up to date tabs on release dates, and instead ole Jeff Bezos / Amazon is on top of things.

1 Like

You might think so, most would, but given that Amazon is an absolute behemoth compared to the direct market, I can completely see why DC and the other publishers would give them priority on what’s coming up.

1 Like