Toy Talk: Which DC Character Would You Like To See Produced As An Action Figure?

Yeah, Bombshells Batwoman stuff is always nice, and highly tempting to snag.

I’ve resisted the temptation so far, but just barely.

5 Likes

how can you resist the red??:laughing:

5 Likes

It’s tough, but doable.

5 Likes

Overman

Ultra Comics

Captain Adam the Quantum Superman of Earth 4

Nubia

Captain Carrot

Build a Figure: Anti-Monitor

6 Likes

Any thoughts on this subject @rwk?

3 Likes

There’s a custom figures guy on Instagram who took Batman the animated series figures and redid them movie style (I’d share his name, but I don’t think I’m allowed to promote?).

Here’s some of his work-

9 Likes

Robotman

Negative Man

Crazy Jane

Flex Mentallo

Element Woman
Element_Woman_003~2

Niles Caulder

Doroty Spinner w/ Candle Maker
DPAWW_5_6~2

Build a Figure: Elastigirl

Bonus: Danny the Street playset

10 Likes

As Joker himself said in Batman: “That’s art, and I like it!”

If DC Direct had done a line like that, I would’ve been all over it. Those are very cool!

Does that person have anymore or just the group you showed @TheTerribleToyman?

Also: I’ve had a jones for an Element Woman figure since 2011, so that’s another I’d be way, way interested in.

Mattel did make a sylized version of her in the Flashpoint two-packs from their DC Universe: Action League line, but never a “proper” figure.

With next year being Flashpoint’s 10th anniversary, I hope it gets some toy love. Spin Master and McFarlane each have a Thomas Wayne Batman on the way, but it’d be great to get a fully fleshed out assortment/line of as much of that reality as possible.

4 Likes

Well let’s see. There seems to be so much out there, I’m trying to think who I don’t really see much off. Don’t see too many of Hawkman or Elongatedman, which would be cool, or Plasticman for that matter.

I think who I would really like to see is more of is the “supporting cast” characters. Where are the Lois Lane figures or Jimmy Olsen? A version of Margot Kidder or Noel NeilI Lois Lane would be cool. Don’t really see any Krypto figures either. Sure there was a figure made of this style Krypto…
(Which I do have)

But where is this Krypto…
Kryptoross

Or the other Super Pets.

I would also like to see a Superman version of Kirk Alyn and George Reeves.

4 Likes

It’s not the Alex Ross Krypto, but they did release the Darwyn Cooke version and included Streaky the Super Cat as well.

6 Likes

Yowza! Fantastic responses thus far from everyone who has chimed in so far- very cool! I really and truly appreciate the feedback.

OK, lemme get after this.

@Vroom- sooo many great ideas here in your abundant wishlist, especially your thoughts on a Kim Basinger based Vicki Vale figure (so very long overdue) and more affordably priced Jack Nicholson/Joker figs. A Jim Aparo based Kitana figure would be amazing. In fact, anything Jim Aparo based is a fantastic idea (wouldn’t mind seeing some Norm Breyfogle and Marshall Rogers based stuff as well). So right on the mark with the Jessica/Baz GL figs- we need something for Jessica these days as the well has all but dried up concerning this super fave Lantern. Loving the idea of a George Reeves Superman/Noel Neill Lois two-pack as well.

@msgtv- An Abigale Arcane Funko would be super cool! :+1:

@TheTerribleToyman- YES to Nubia and Overman. Very cool! Also loving the Build-A-Figure Anti Monitor idea. Am def hoping that a run of DCU series-accurate Doom Patrol figures is in the works. Also- could you pleez message me with the Insta link to the person making those amazing Batman movie figs? Very cool stuff there. :+1:

You guys ALL ROCK.

8 Likes

@DC89 Walmart is getting WW84 displays filled with various Wonder Woman stuff, and amongst the toys is the current iteration of Diana from DC Superhero Girls.

Now, I mention this because when I saw that WW, I thought “Maybe the Jess and Zatanna dolls will be in here.”, as they didn’t get a big physical retail release and it would be a good way to push other female characters alongside Wonder Woman.

I looked through the display and nope, no Jess or Zee. Just Diana. Oh yeah, Supergirl was in there too.

Mattel had a 6" Simon Baz in development for their DC Multiverse line but he was cancelled. Which stunk since their figure of Jess did come out.

Given that McFarlane is coming out with two-packs later this year, my fingers are crossed that we’ll eventually get one with Jess and Simon.

6 Likes

@Vroom- is this the version of the DCSHG WW that you saw at Walmart?

6 Likes

Yep. I posted pictures of the WW84 displays o’er in the Look What I Just Found thread in Collector’s Corner, if you’d like to see her in the wild.

4 Likes

Thx @Vroom. I’ll head over and take a look. :+1:

5 Likes

Jo Mullein from Far Sector

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy from Stjepan Sejic’s Harleen

10 Likes

YES to all of these @lo_third!

6 Likes

Tomorrow Woman

QWSP
Screenshot_20200820-124437_DC Universe

Aztek

Triumph

Queen Bee

Build a Figure: Asmodel

9 Likes

@TheTerribleToyman- OMG YESSS to Aztec all. the. way. :+1:

6 Likes

Black Lightening’s daughters, Thunder and Lightening. I like to collect the main characters of each show.

I already have multiple black lightenings. It’d be cool to have him displayed next to his daughters.

5 Likes