Toy Talk: Which DC Character Would You Like To See Produced As An Action Figure?

:laughing:

5 Likes

Don’t forget the build a figure Nom, nom…Num, num, however it’s spelled.

4 Likes

… Im not. Make. It. Happen. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

I’d like to see a new Cassandra Cain figure, don’t know much about her but, her batgirl suit is awesome and
I’d love to have a figure of her

7 Likes

WIP:

5 Likes

I’ve seen, and posted myself, a lot of suggestions for Batman Animated figures on here and made a new list. I recently binged The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures and jotted down names. Well, I kind of went overboard. I put down names of recurring characters or characters that had voice lines and impact on plot. Some of them are totally silly to have on a list but collectors are nothing if not thorough.
I can’t believe how many there are and on top of it all I know there are some I forgot or didn’t consider even though they meet criteria. There are a bunch of variations just based on the design change from TAS to TNBA and I admittedly left off some of those while listing others. I bet someone will read this and instantly think of some that are missing.
I put an asterisk next to the 10 I think absolutely need to be made and can’t believe DC skipped during the real run.

And here . . we . . . go

BTAS/TNBA

Sprang Batman/Robin/Joker
Early costume *
Training costume
Batboat
Batmobile TNBA
Batplane TNBA
Glider
Jet pack

Crime and Punishment

TNBA Gordon
Gil Mason
Harvey Dent
Mayor Hill
Lockup *
Rupert Thorne *
Sid the Squid
Labor boss
Matches Malone
Nitro
Roland Dagget
General Vreeland
Crime doctor
Stromwell
Ricky the Hook
Santa Bullock w/ Elf Montoya
Detective Montoya
Bullock TNBA
Montoya TNBA
Councilman Corcoran
Candice

Civilians

Bruce TAS *
Bruce TNBA
Bruce amnesia
Bruce Tuxedo
Bruce turtleneck
Dick TAS
Dick TNBA
Alfred TNBA
Barbara TAS
Barbara TNBA
Tim Drake
Veronica Vreeland
Summer Gleason
Jack Ryder
Selina Kyle TAS
Selina Kyle TNBA
Paul Dini
Alan Burnett
Bruce Timm
Cassidy
Thomas Wayne
Martha Wayne
Charlie Collins
Reformed Harley

Mad Science

Professor Milo
Taggert
Tyger *
Werewolf
Dr Quinzel
Hugo Strange *
Kirk Langstrom
Francine Langstrom
Other Man Bat doctor
Miranda (HARDAC)
Rossum w/BatMite
Walker (Mr Freeze)

Supervillains

Red Claw *
Clock King *
Maxie Zeus *
Penguin TNBA *
Ninja *
Count Vertigo
Sewer King
Calendar Girl
The Judge
Catman
Early Scarecrow
Prophet
Condiment King
Pack Rat
Mighty Mom
Shaky Rimshot
Jecko
Wormwood
Mad Bomber
Terrible Trio
Arkady Duvall
Wild West Ras
TNBA Clayface with faces and kids/Annie
TAS Baby Doll w/assistant
Farmer
TNBA Ventriloquist
TNBA Mad Hatter

Allies and Enablers

Captain Clown
Rhino
Worry Men
Ubu
Jonah Hex
Minotaur
Mechanic
Sideshow workers
Haley’s circus workers
Leslie Thompkins
Lucius Fox
Mavis
Jason Blood

Team Building

Prison uniforms
Police officer
SWAT
Henchfolk
League of Shadows
Security guards
Ivy’s clones
Ivy’s plant people
Mobsters
Doctors

4 Likes

Grid. Has he been made yet? Milton Fine Brainiac would be a good choice as well. And the Bombshell DC girls… you can make them like Barbie dolls… attract all the girls. DC Super Hero Girls, eat your heart out!!

2 Likes

Looking good. You should post a start to finish photo collage thing.

4 Likes

Those are my picks for a second C2B wave of TSS figures. I would love to see Starro as the C2B figure. He’d obviously be under-scaled, but would still be schway to have, all the same.

5 Likes

With plans for many more… :grin:

I’m enjoying it.

6 Likes

Right on @TheTerrificToyman :smiley:, those came out great. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

5 Likes

Wow, those look amazing!! :scream: Great work!

6 Likes

YES!!! more Cass please

5 Likes

Finished the Silver Banshee last night.

Looking at my Superman collection now, I have 7 female figures- which sounds great until I mention I had to create 4 of them. The 3 I didn’t create (Ursa, Livewire, Supergirl) are severely limited with their options (Supergirl had the most, Livewire had only the 1 that wasn’t animated and 4 inches tall. Ursa only had 1 as well).

Here’s hoping that going forward, McFarlane shows some love to female characters who aren’t Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn.

7 Likes

She turned out great! I actually really want this on my desk now. I love the pose and everything.

I’m still in awe at how you honed these toy-making skills from watching YouTube tutorials. You’re really a natural at this!

5 Likes

Thank you. It’s been a lot of trial and error- this one was fairly easy- new technique I tried here was dyeing the figure.

I has this body left over from when I made Miss Gsptlznz-

So I gave it new hands, and this head-

Then it was just repainting her. The problem with painting joints is, the second you go to move them, you chip the paint and have to repaint it once it’s set. Which I don’t mind much- once I set there poses I usually leave them be. But still- I thought this would be a good figure to try a new technique, so I did. Dyeing it black means I can move her shoulders and legs pretty freely- her elbows and knees were still painted, but like I said, I won’t be moving them out of pose anyways.

And I found that painting white over a black dyed figure requires many, many coats. The dye bleeds through (you can still see it a little, but for a supernatural character like the Banshee, I’m ok with it- it almost looks like I did it on purpose :grin:).

7 Likes

Would love to see McFarlane renditions of these:

6 Likes

McFarlane make a Batman figure?

@moro My friend, he needs to make product of characters that are known and sell, not the fringe Z-listers that yes, we fans know and love, but that to 97.8% of the public are completely unknown, wouldn’t sell and are therefore bad business investments.

I’m confident we’ll get a Batman figure some day, where and how. We just have to “keep the faith!” as Bart said in Blazing Saddles.

#ABatmanfigurewillonedayexist

5 Likes

After reading Superman vs. Lobo #1, I want a Lobo from the Simon Bisley variant cover:

He’d have:

• an alternate hand with Kryptonite brass knuckles
  • a stogey spewing what looks like Kryptonite smoke
  • green veins

I’d also love a Clark from the same cover that’s jacked, has removable glasses, heat vision effect pieces and an open shirt revealing his Superman suit underneath.

Whether figures from that cover get made, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a statue based on that cover. It’s too cool to not monetize in some way, shape and/or form.

5 Likes

Hey, more than half of what he produces is Batman. Might as well let him know which variations we actually want! Besides, Batman was but one of the characters I expressed interest in… there was also other fringy characters like Superman, Supergirl and Brainiac :wink:. Seriously though, those Ivan Reis updates to the Golden Age outfits… sign me up!

4 Likes