Toy Talk: Which DC Character Would You Like To See Produced As An Action Figure?

That page is from my favorite Batman story of all time. Shadow of the Bat 13 “The Nobody”. That page and the following still get to me when I read it.

6 Likes

If DC Direct had continued, this would have been my #1 wish for future product from them.

They should have dove deeper into STAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League, with a heavy emphasis on the first two, given how many toy opportunities Kenner and Hasbro respectively squandered with those two lines when they were in production. 21 years later and I’m still upset Hasbro axed their Stalker figure from the Batman Beyond line, as he looked awesome.

But, hey. At least we got Batman: The Adventures Continue…

crickets chirp and a cough is heard in the background

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. BTAC was a disappointing, uncreative way to end what had previously been one of DCD/CC’s top 5 lines in the company’s entire history.

imagines how cool a DCD Inque with interchangeable parts, ala the BTAS Clayface, would have been

Oh, well. At least we got a DCAU Azrael Batman instead. Whoopy.

5 Likes

I actually like the idea of TAC and really really wanted that Talon. But, I don’t think it should have been the dominant wave and there were other regular figures that deserved attention first. I will never understand how they still haven’t made a Red Claw.

6 Likes

I would have been a greater supporter of TAC if it came after DCD had thoroughly mined the entirety of the DCAU and needed more product to keep the gravy train rolling.

It’s a mystery how Kenner and DCC passed on Red Claw in their respective BTAS lines. She was a cool character and visually distinctive. Being voiced by Kate Mulgrew was a major plus as well.

New figure ideas: Multiverse DCEU Lex (bald and in his business suit) and Deathstroke to compliment the rest of the SC JL. Mattel missed the Luthor-owned boat by not including them with their JL product, Multiverse or otherwise.

7 Likes

Funny you should mention it- nearly finished my Business Suit Lex last night.

So this is how he started:

I looked at the extra Luthor head that came with my Public Enemies Luthor and thought “If I can get a business suit body to go with that, that’s a fairly easy kit bashed new figure.” But that head was too big for that body, so I got him a new one:

Better, but still too “It just looks like Professor X standing” to me. So I got him another new head and repainted the body (something about the white suit seems very Luthor to me):

I say nearly finished because I ordered a little kryptonite rock accesory to place in his left hand. Overall, pretty happy with this one as well.

So here’s how the shelf is looking now:

And some close ups:

7 Likes

Are these on the list? I mean come on this screams boxed set.

8 Likes

Agreed @SWhite- pre-teen JL and baby Etrigan should def be a boxed set.

7 Likes

Fantastic display @TheTerrificToyman! :smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

:open_mouth: very nice work on Lex! You’re so good at this haha keep it up :grin:

7 Likes

Solid! :+1:t3:

I dig that white suit.

7 Likes

Agreed, @SWhite and @DC89.

Mattel made several JL and JLU box sets, but never one with the pre-teen JL or Baby Etrigan, unfortunately.

I know I would’ve snagged it.

@TheTerrificToyman Love that Luthor! Could I hire you to make some custom Divine Right (aka the best Jim Lee book most people aren’t aware of) figures? I can pay you in laughter, if that will work.

Or Monopoly money, but I enjoy making people laugh more, TBH.

6 Likes

:thinking:

I think this head (with his eyes painted blue)

Plus this upper torso (with a different logo paint on the shirt)

Plus this jacket and arms (painted to resemble flannel maybe…)

With this lower torso
s-l400

And these effects for his hands

Would give you a pretty decent Max Farady.

6 Likes

Dude, you know of Max Faraday? Up top, m’man! :raised_hands:t2:

That’s a solid recipe. I’ve thought of snagging the Marvel Legends Hood for a custom base. Ditch the cape, and he has a nice everyman quality that could fit a variety of characters.

5 Likes

Part of the fun in doing this has been looking at other figures and imagining what they could be instead.

Like I have this one arriving soon-

I looked at him and thought with a few little tweaks and some added epoxy…

And I’ll have the Murmur I wanted :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Murmur! How is it we’ve never had a figure of him?

That goes for Girder, as well as Tarpit, Cicada, Magenta and other Modern Age Flash Rogues.

It’s not a custom, but series one of Mattel’s Masterverse line has a Moss Man in it that, I think, could work as a groovy Floronic Man stand-in.

The Evil-Lyn in that series has an interchangeable head with long, flowing white hair. That could serve as a good head for a custom of Abby Arcane (who, like the modern Flash Rogues from above, as well as Floronic Man, we also have never had a figure of).

6 Likes

Thinking about making a few Legion of Superheroes figures, since I don’t see McFarlane doing them anytime soon. First up would be Saturn Girl:

A)

or B)

…?

6 Likes

Why not both? Just sayin…

5 Likes

3502065bcb049b18f88e38890030a6c7

6 Likes

I vote A. :+1: :00_legion:

7 Likes

Lex got his kryptonite today :blush:

6 Likes