Toy Talk: Which DC Character Would You Like To See Produced As An Action Figure?

A Damian Funko would be cool @Behemoth. :+1:

4 Likes

I would absolutely love to see a funko pop based off of the last knight on earth story where Bruce had a batsuit made of a straight jacket!

4 Likes

I thought Damian was already a Funko. He’s the same size as one.

3 Likes

That was mean.

2 Likes

Hehe

2 Likes

How did I miss this thread? Great ideas by everyone. Ok, let me demonstrate my one track mindedness. Here’s my list (figures or statues, as long as they’re not 1/3 scale or cost a mortgage payment). Excluding anything I don’t have but is otherwise not that hard to hunt down.

• Superman based on Ivan Reis’ current depictions in the Bendis comics.

• Lee Bermejo Wonder Woman.

• Clark from Smallville, in the red jacket with the S. This was done once as part of a limited edition DVD box set. Very hard to find at a reasonable asking price.

• Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman from the Smallville comics.

• Dean Cain Superman.

• George Reeves Superman.

• Tyler Hoechlin Superman.

• A good Dan Jurgens Superman. I say good because there’e the Bowen statue (seen on episodes of Seinfeld), which was apparently based on his art. Popular item, but don’t feel like it captures Jurgens’ Superman that well.

• A John Byrne Superman. Was done in the DC Direct box set “Through The Ages”. Good head sculpt, but body was a retooled Alex Ross Supes. Byrne deserves better.

• Superman in the Reborn suit. I know… Spin Master… how about a McFarlane?

• Superman based on Action Comics #1 with the badge shaped S shield. Funko did a 4" version of this. Prefer something larger with a more detailed sculpt.

• Cliff Chiang Wonder Woman, New 52 style.

• Brian Bolland Wonder Woman, with the big hair.

• Injustice 2 Trinity. Mattel did Superman and Batman (an armored, helmeted Batman, I don’t quite recognize)… but no Wondy. Maybe McFarlane will do this.

• Trinity from Dark Knights Metal. You know at the end when they’re all covered in glowing armor? Yeah.

Told you I’m one track minded :slightly_smiling_face:.

What was revealing with this exercise, even to me, was that there isn’t a whole lot of Batman that I want, that hasn’t already been made. Most of the ones I don’t have but would like to obtain, have some obtainable version out there.

3 Likes

Vroom. What a list! I missed this thread when you guys were at it, but our wants intersect, primarily in the underserved live action Superman stuff :slightly_smiling_face:.

I didn’t know what One Man JLA is. Looked up some covers on Google. Will be figuring out a way to read this soon!

2 Likes

Someone made this custom Doomsday- I tried getting it from eBay, but the bidding got too rich for my blood (it ultimately sold for $230, not including shipping). Hope McFarlane releases something similar soon.

4 Likes

That looks… straight outta the comic! Heck of a job. Which Doomsday figure did they start with?

2 Likes

They started with the McFarlane Devestator, which is why I believe it would be easy for McFarlane. Just a few minor changes, and you have a perfect Doomsday.

3 Likes

Well, don’t tell anyone, but…

leans in and whispers

It will be featured in the Justice League Book Club at some point. Sure, it took place in the Triangle Era of Superman, but it does involve the Justice League, so it fits my club poifectly. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! :grin: :superman:

3 Likes

I’d like to see the 1970s Legion. Like these customs:

4 Likes

I’d absolutely love an action figure of the Saint Batman suit from Tales Of The Dark Multiverse Knightfall, or maybe a statue of the above image.

2 Likes

In their DC Universe Classics line, Mattel produced a San Diego Comic Con exclusive box set that featured members of that Legion.

I can’t find a good money shot of the whole set to post, but if you Google “DC Universe Classics Legion set”, you’ll find good pictures of each figure.

2 Likes

@Vroom Are these them? Very cool set. Just not ‘70s sexy.

13 year old Warlord wanted figures of these Legion members.

Cc: @capo-mage

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the set.

You know, 13 year-old me wouldn’t have minded figures of those Legionnaires either. :wink:

1 Like

I want a Princess Amethyst figure in my lifetime. Any version, any way. Just be Princess Amethyst.

I would love DC to do a line like Mattel did with He-Man that is like a subscription for the “lesser” characters. Trust me I would be all in for that. But there would have to be an agreement that there would be NO regular Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman in the subscription. They can be an add-on to the subscription lol

2 Likes

@CassTheStreet: even though these figs aren’t via subscription they do like kinda’ He-Manish-

4 Likes

@DC89 Primal Age was good stuff. I wish it would’ve continued.

@CassTheStreet This won’t answer your desire for Amethyst toys (and come to think of it, she should have been in both DCSHG toylines) but around 1993 or so, Mattel developed a line of Wonder Woman dolls called Wonder Woman and the Star Raiders.

It was a Mattel-created concept featuring WW and would have been a perfect place for Amethyst to proudly shine. That way, '90s kids could’ve grown up with at least one toy of her. Sadly, the line was never released.

That said, I would love to see McFarlane do Amethyst and Dark Opal figures.

2 Likes

Bloodwynd hasn’t had enough action figure love. I think only had a 3.75” from the Mattel line. I would vote for a Mezco version because cheaper companies are still stuck on plastic capes.

Next would be Dark Claw which I think McFarlane could do justice.

And 1:12 scale scale headquarters. JLofA satellite. Hall of Justice. Legion of Doom. Batcave… Kooey Kooey Kooey.
I would never buy them I just find the idea amusing.
I would buy a corner of the GCPD rooftop.

4 Likes