[Totally chill discussion] Does the Recent Harley Quinn Episode Misrepresent Snyder-Cut Folk?

I just took it as a joke. The way they portray Gordon, Batman, Bane, Robin, (maybe most of the male characters) are portrayed as a joke to a large extent, and are not how I view those characters outside of this show or how anyone views those characters outside of the show. I think the portrayal of those characters works and fits for the show but wouldn’t work elsewhere. I think these two guys watching the show are just like that. Played to a bit of an extreme for comedic effect. The show isn’t wanting to trash the two guys in the basement anymore than they want to trash their best selling character (batman) that they joke about or poke fun with in the show constantly.
Plus with all of the mugs featured in the show that have turned into actual products sold in the shop section of this service, I wouldn’t be surprised if the shirt gets made and becomes for sale somehow.

apparently it’s actually on sale already. Some portion of the profits on it are going to charity as well. There’s a post in this thread with more details in it.

3 Likes

That is what I thought I saw @Cinnamon_Bedskirts, thanks for the info. It doesn’t surprise me at all. And plus whether intended or not the shirt featured in the show is raising money for a cause and forwarding the movement.

My first reaction was that this was directed more at incels than the fandoms. The way the two guys were acting and what they were saying were more along incel reactions. To me they were wearing those two shirts since the groups are more active and let’s face it, the incels in those groups would vocalize against women even if the majority of those groups do not believe the same way. So that was what I was thinking more so than targeting the majority of those groups. They were calling out the incels.
I am glad I came across this thread, it is always interesting seeing anothers perspective.