Top Five DC Movies

Animated
1)the dark knight returns
2)death/reign of Superman
3)Superman/Batman
4)batman:bad blood
5.)batman: mask of the phantasm

3 Likes

The surveillance is shown to be a necessary evil undertaken by good men who needed to take strong action to protect the people, but which would be laid down once the crisis was over. Similarly, in real life life, the perceived need for increased security led to intrusions and barriers that were presented as temporary when they were introduced, but which were never stepped back. Differences between real life and the movie isn’t indication that the movie isn’t propagandizing similar ideas, but rather of the fact that the movie is taking those same real world concepts and making them more heroic so they’ll appeal more. You know. Propaganda.

As a tangent, also noteworthy is the idea that you have to lie to people for their own good, which… gross, you know? At least Rises has the guts to drag that idea through a mud a little, because it was really central to Dark Knight, and really vile.

But I don’t want to talk too much about Dark Knight’s politics - have you heard about our Lord and Savior “Superman and the Mole Men”?

1 Like

Superman: The Movie
The Dark Knight
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Batman

2 Likes

Superman 1-2
Batman - Batman Returns
Superman Returns

Animated
Justice League: The New Frontier
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
Batman: Assault on Arkham
Justice League vs. the Fatal Five
Batman and Harley Quinn

3 Likes
  1. Batman V Superman
  2. Man of Steel
  3. Batman (1989)
  4. Watchmen
  5. Constantine
4 Likes

Wonder Woman, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Shazam, Aquaman

5 Likes

Liveaction/animated

1 Shazam
2 Batman:under the red Hood
3 superman the movie
4 Wonder woman
5 Aquaman

3 Likes

1:Superman The Movie
2: Batman ‘89
(While neither are my favorites as a fan, their historical influence and importance on the entire genre of superhero film cannot be denied.
3: Batman Begins
4: Wonder Woman
5: Batman & Robin

2 Likes

Supes/Bats Apocalypse or Public Enemies?

2 Likes

Animated:
1: JL Gods & Mosters
2: JL: Doom
3: Gotham by Gaslight
4: Flashpoint Paradox
5: Superman/Batman Public Enemies (the Power Girl “He’s not a kid. He’s 13, ya know.” maybe one of the best lines of all time.)
6: Superman/Batman Apocolypse:

Honorable mention:
All the LEGO DC movies.

3 Likes

Public enemies. It was the first DC animated film I found. Special place in my heart.

2 Likes

I know it might be bad, but I do not know what a “history of violence” is. Can you help?

1 Like

I love both I was just curious. I listed Apocalypse as one of mine but could’ve been either.

1 Like

Book:

Film:

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes
  1. SHAZAM
  2. Birds of Prey
  3. Aquaman
  4. Wonder Woman
  5. The Dark Knight
2 Likes