Top Five DC Movies

I’m sure this has been asked, but I’m new to the community section.
What’s everyone’s top five DC features? I’d love to hear how the lists of different fans overlap.
Here’s mine!
five) Aquaman
four) Birds of Prey
three) Superman
two) Superman II
one) Joker

5 Likes

Assuming we’re sticking w/ live-action, theatrical releases:

1. The Dark Knight Rises
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Batman Begins
  5. Watchmen
5 Likes

In no particular order:

1. Superman: The Movie
  2. Superman II
  3. Batman Begins
  4. The Dark Knight
  5. Wonder Woman
3 Likes

Keeping it Live-action:

1. The Dark Knight
  2. Batman '89
  3. Superman II
  4. Batman Returns
  5. Superman: The Movie
2 Likes

Fact: I like all DC movies on some level.
No real order here. I’m just partial to the film sub-genres these movies utilize w/ these characters:
Wonder Woman
Superman
Batman Returns
Joker
Birds of Prey
(Honorable mention to V for Vendetta, if we’re counting Vertigo)

3 Likes

Easy

1. Joker
  2. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  3. Superman: The Movie
  4. V for Vendetta
  5. Batman 89

Honorable mention to The Dark Knight Returns

3 Likes

1: SHAZAM
2: Batman (1966)
3:The Dark Knight
4: Batman (1989)
5: Aquaman

3 Likes

1 The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Superman The Movie
4. Man Of Steel
5. Wonder Woman

Honorable mentions: Joker, Batman 1989, Superman II, Shazam.

3 Likes
  1. A History of Violence
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Superman II
  5. Joker
4 Likes

Current live-action top 5:

1. Superman: The Movie
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Man of Steel
  4. The Losers
  5. Batman Forever

Honorable mention: Red.

Current animated top 5:

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  2. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
  3. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  4. Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
  5. Wonder Woman

Honorable mention: Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker (either cut, I like both equally).

3 Likes

To price in no particular order

Wonder Woman
The Dark Knight
Superman
Batman 89
Shazam!

3 Likes

I think everyone’s still chasing the ‘78 Superman, Marvel, DC or otherwise. That movie is perfection. After that, I’d go with (in no particular order), the first two Nolan Batmans, Patti Jenkins’ Wonder Woman and Mask of the Phantasm. Joker may creep into that pack as time goes by.

4 Likes

I think Superman '78 is frequently overrated, though it is, of course, one of the most charming movies ever made.

Let me see.

1. Man of Steel - I cannot get enough of how it emphasizes Clark’s relationship with the marginalized and the vulnerable, which carries over to the next film.

2. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice - Basically the inverted Dark Knight Returns, I’ve already established how I love its take on Superman, but to add in such a complex version of Batman, simultaneously asking the audience to cheer for him and to be disturbed by him, makes the movie very interesting indeed. Plus Luthor and Doomsday are good, don’t @ me.

3. Wonder Woman - The good stuff is so good that it’s hard to imagine anything could ever top it. The bad stuff is so frustrating that I can hardly stand it. Together, it balances out to third place.

4. Superman & the Mole Men - You know what? This '50s ass parable about bigotry and fearing what you don’t understand is probably the best idea for a Superman movie ever.

5. The Dark Knight - Turns out Heath Ledger is awesome. Obvs, haha! And so is the plot. Good solid storytelling, great crime movie. Probably qualifies as conservative propaganda, but it’s still really really good.

4 Likes

You got a lot of strange opinions here pal and I can respect most of them, but I want to pick your brain on how the Dark Knight could be considered conservative propaganda? I have never heard this sentiment before and am very curious.

1 Like

Live-Action.
Watchmen.
Wonder Woman.
Aquaman.
Batman 89’
BOP.

Animated.
JLD.
Teen Titans Judas Contract.
Superman/ Batman Apocalypse.
Flashpoint.
New Frontier.

2 Likes

Live Action Movies

1. Superman '78
  2. Batman Begins
  3. The Dark Knight
  4. Watchmen
  5. Superman Returns

Honorable Mentions: Aquaman, Joker, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman (Extended Edition), Batman Forever, & Arrowverse Annual Crossovers: Invasion, Elseworlds, & Crisis. I felt the crossovers were one big movie.

Animated Movies

1. Superman vs the Elite
  2. The Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen
  3. Batman: Under the Red Hood
  4. Flashpoint
  5. Throne of Atlantis

Honorable Mentions: Son of Batman, Green Lantern: First Flight, Batman vs. Robin, Gotham by Gaslight, & Teen Titans: Judas Contract

6 Likes
  1. Batman '89
  2. Superman
  3. The Dark Knight
  4. Superman II (RDC)
  5. Batman Returns

It’s an apology for the Patriot Act. Batman violates everyone’s privacy via cellphone wire-tapping to stop a terrorist, and he is proven right in doing so. Batman v Superman takes The Dark Knight to task for doing so by presenting Batman’s Bush-esque tendencies as villainous.

3 Likes

Well that’s still not conservative propaganda because the surveillance is shown to be dubious at best. While Bats is still proven “right” by catching Joker, the movie makes it clear that the means to the ends were not right even if they were effective. If the movie was trying to “make excuses for Bush” then they would’ve been more clear with the excuses. The surveillance in the movie just serves as a continuation of “die a hero or live long enough to be the villain” theme as it shows Batman could easily have become a villain just like Ras Al Ghul. Frankly I have no idea what this guy’s talking about, your theory is probably the closest to what this dude’s thinking but I just can’t see the logic for claiming Dark Knight as any kind of propaganda, especially conservative propaganda.

1 Like

Here is my top five movies based off of Dc Comics.

1. Batman 1989
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Superman
  4. Batman v. Superman (extended cut)
  5. Joker

Animated movies top five.

1. The Dark Knight Returns
  2. Batman/Superman movie
  3. The Killing Joke
  4. Under the Red Hood
  5. Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.
3 Likes

In no particular order
1.)batman ‘89
2.)Superman (1 and 2)
3.)the dark knight
4.)batman begins
5.)watchmen

But we can all agree that batman and robin is the worst. Don’t look into it.

3 Likes