top 5 female bat family members (your opinion)

1 Stephanie brown
2 Barbara Gordon
3 Helena bertinelli/ huntress (I’m including her because she is a Gotham resident
4 Cassandra Cain
5 Kate Kane

1 Like
  1. Stephanie Brown
  2. Stephanie Brown
  3. Stephanie Brown
  4. Stephanie Brown
  5. Barbara Gordon
1 Like

Cass
Barbara
Carrie
Huntress
Stephanie

1 Like
  1. Cassandra Cain
  2. Barbara Gordon (as Oracle only)
  3. Renee Montoya
  4. Stephanie Brown
  5. Catwoman
1 Like
  1. Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
  2. Catwoman
  3. Huntress
  4. Batwoman
  5. Barbara Gordon (Commissioner from Batman Beyond)

Honorable Mention: Dinah Lance/Black Canary. She’s based in Gotham a lot, but classifying her as Bat-Fam might be a stretch?

1 Like

Oddly specific question, but I’ll play.

1: Oracle (Sure is a shame this character doesn’t exist anymore after Flashpoint)
2: Catwoman (If she counts; she is a criminal, after all)
3: Batgirl (Uh, I mean, “Orphan”)
4: Huntress
5: Spoiler

1. Barbara as Oracle (why did you retconned one of few characters with disability in your universe out of existence, DC?)
  2. Cass
  3. Kate Kane
  4. Renee Montoya
  5. Stephanie Brown

Barbara Gordon as Oracle, Birds of Prey

Stephanie as Batgirl. Her seies is great

Batwoman own Title Detective 2016

Cassendra Cain All titles including Batgirl, Outsiders, Detective Comics 2016 Current Batman and the Outsiders

Catwoman Tom King Version

Stephanie
Cass
Selina
Helena Wayne
Kate

2 Likes
  1. Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (The first lady of the Batman family)
  2. Helena Bertenelli/Huntress
  3. Selina Kyle/Catwoman (Given her past as a criminal/anti-hero she’s no.3)
  4. Stephanie Brown / Spoiler/Batgirl
  5. Carrie Kelly / Robin (I know mostly Robin in Frank Miller’s work but i like her.)
1 Like

If no longer in continuity heroes are allowed

I would remove Catwoman as number 5

Put Helena Wayne, daughter of Earth 2 Batman and Catwoman, as number one

And move the remaining four

Oracle
Batgirl Stephanie
Batwoman
Cassandra Cain

Down one

1 Like
  1. Cassandra Cain, or is it Wayne now? Did Bruce ever formerly adopt her? I liked her as Batgirl but as Orphan she has been able to create a niche all her own. She is tough as nail, wise and willing to learn.
  2. Kate Kane, as Batwoman she is a force to be reckoned with. I personally see her as Batman’s equal.
  3. Stephanie Brown, I thought her Batgirl was the best. As Spoiler she didn’t get a lot of exposure. And as the first female Robin I think she was given a raw deal by Batman.
  4. Selina Kyle, is probably one of, if not THE, most important women in Batman’s life. Sexy, bold, impetuous and with a code of honor all her own I wish she and Bruce had tied the knot, I think that partnership would have made a great comic series.
  5. Barbara Gordon as Oracle. I know she was a great Batgirl, but as Oracle, the faceless voice thet dispatched not only members of the Bat Family but the Birds of Prey and the Sirens to events that needed their talents she is indispensable. Especially after the issue where she came clean with her father, telling him everything. After that we could have seen an entirely new relationship between the Commisioner and the entire Bat Family.
  1. Oracle
  2. Spoiler
  3. Cass Cain
  4. Harper Row
  5. Huntress

If Dr. Leslie Tompkins counts then exchange out Huntress for her.

1. Oracle
  2. Oracle
  3. Steph
  4. Cass
  5. Oracle

CynicalPink is correct. (Yes there are correct answers!)
1.Oracle
2. Cassandra Wayne (as Batgirl)
3. Helena Wayne
4. Selina Kyle
5.tie between Bette Kane, and Julia Pennyworth
Does Katana count as Bat-Family? She is not top five to me but it is a regular debate with a friend as to whether or not she counts.

1 Like

Sooo, I have an opinion that most of you won’t like: I don’t like Barbara Gordon period. Not as oracle or Batman. I just don’t see her as a believable character.

*batgirl

Katana certainly counts. Halo counts, too. Looker does not. Anyway…

1. Barbara Gordon
  2. Selina Kyle
  3. Kate Kane
  4. Leslie Thompkins
  5. Katana

@AlexanderKnox
I really don’t think katana counts I said bat family not people who have teamed with Batman, that is like saying metamorpho is a bat family member.

TheBatmanofNML - sweet! Do I get a prize?

And no worries, anonymousbluebeetle. Everyone’s got their own taste. I can toss in my own unpopular opinion - I’ve never liked Huntress. Maybe I’ve just read the wrong things, but even in Simone’s Birds of Prey run, where everyone seemed to love her, she got on my nerves. Tho take it with a grain of salt —- I am REALLY behind on comics and (for the most part) have yet to read anything past the pre-52 era. Maybe she’s evolved a lot?