"Top 5 Comic Books/Comic Series You Wish Were On DCU"

Batman: Strange Apparitions is the Rogers/Austin run I believe. Are those singles (of Detective I think) on here? I don’t know the issue numbers offhand.

5 Likes
  1. Secret Six Vol 3
  2. The entire Crisis of Infinite Earth’s
  3. DC New Frontier
  4. Batman New 52
  5. Fables (I will take any Vertigo for that matter)
2 Likes
  1. All of Sandman and spinoffs
  2. All of Batgirl
  3. All of Birds of Prey
  4. All of Wonder Woman
  5. ALl of Catwoman
4 Likes

Oh one bonus one: Mother Panic!

3 Likes

@Vroom

Yep at least the stuff drawn by Marshall Rogers. There are a few books before and after that are missing but most people agree that the definitive part of the run is drawn by Rogers as it includes both the Hugo Strange story, the reinvention of Deadshot and the Joker’s Laughing Fish.

3 Likes

Full runs on Hellblazer, Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, Constantine, Suicide Squad, Batman/Superman

2 Likes

Why not suprise me. Lol

2 Likes

Blackest Night

4 Likes

@TheDemonEtrigan, thank you. Good to know. Those are some great issues of 'Tec.

3 Likes

The rest of New 52 Aquaman
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Reign of and Return of Superman
No Mans Land
Batman Hush

2 Likes

1 more suggestion
Kingdom Come

1 Like
  1. All Star Superman- My favorite book of all time. Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely at their best. IMO, a perfect book and essential reading for any DC Fan.

2. The Multiversity- A collection of One shots written by Grant Morrison with art by various artists. Absolutely bonkers exploration of various multiverses. Another essential read for DC fans. Also my second favorite Comic of all time. Absolutely love all these one shots.

3. Green Arrow (2011) Issues 17-34 Jeff Lemire’s run on Green Arrow during New 52 not only saved a book with a tepid response, it elevated it to essential reading. Lemire’s writing along with some stellar artwork from Andrea Sorrentino combine to make it my favorite book about my favorite superhero.

4. Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye by Jon Rivera, Gerard Way, and Michael Avon Oeming is a classic adventure tale about a guy who knows Superman. He also has a cybernetic eye. Seriously though this is an incredibly fun book and would add more variety to the service. Reader discretion is advised on this one.

5. Supergirl: Being Super By Mariko Tamaki and Joelle Jones. Part classic coming of age story and part classic superhero origin this book feels familiar and totally fresh at the same time? A seriously beautiful book about a teenage girl coming to terms with herself (and her superpowers).

Of course I’d love to see Scott Snyder’s Batman, Geoff Johns’ Aquaman, etc. Those books are incredible. I just wanted to highlight some other books that I think are a great fit (and awesome Book Club material) :wink:

4 Likes

1: JSA (99) I’d love to see much more than just the small handful of issues that are up right now. Not only is it one of my favorite series, but it might be of particular interest to people looking forward to the new Stargirl series, as it picks up Courtney’s story where Stars & Stripe left off. (I’d love to see all complete versions of JSA up honestly, but this series would be a good start)

2: I second what other people have said about more Shazam comics

(running outta time to make a post, will add more later)

1 Like

Batman new 52
Aquaman new 52
All-star Superman
Sandman
Superman Rebirth (pre-Bendis run)

2 Likes
  1. Geoff Johns Green Lantern
  2. New 52 to 6 months ago Aquaman
  3. Doom Patrol
  4. Any and all Superman
  5. Flash
1 Like
  1. Peter David’s Young Justice
  2. Cataclysm and No Man’s Land
  3. Flashpoint and the tie-ins
  4. pre-new 52 Batgirl
  5. Dixon’s Robin

Honorable mention to Brightest Day, Blackest Night, Birds of Prey, and 52.

And for whatever you choose, please upload the entire arcs, not just broken up segments. Incomplete arcs make this feel like an ad for DC Comics, as opposed to a premium service that we’ve paid for.

1 Like

Oh, and We are Robin! Sorry, I’m not good at lists. Also, apologies if my post sounded harsh.

1 Like

(1) Our Fighting Forces - The Losers.
(2) Sugar & Spike - If all of the issues weren’t posted, I would concentrate on the 1966 to 1970 period.
(3) Our Army at War.
(4) SHAZAM - the 1973 -1975 period with C.C. Beck.
(5) Adventure Comics (Silver Age) - The legion of Super-Heroes.

1 Like

Batman: Hush
No Man Land
Kingdom Come
New Frontier
All Star Superman

4 Likes

Anything good for new readers is all I ask.