top 3 comic publishers you would want to work for

you must give your top 3 comic companies you would want to write or draw for and which characters you would do.

2 Likes

1: DC. Writing Detective Comics would be just about the coolest thing I could ever hope to do.
2: Marvel. Captain America, or maybe something Star Wars-related.
Aaaand… I have to be honest, I don’t really know the characters from most other publishers. I mean, I know some of Image’s dumber characters from when they were getting started in the early '90s, but I don’t know any of their actually good stuff, and the only Dark Horse and IDW stuff I really know are licensed things that aren’t being published anymore.

3 Likes

Any ‘Dark’ or supernatural character for DC.

Any original idea for Image, Dark Horse, Avatar, firstSecond, etc.

I would also write Doctor Who or Star Trek for IDW.

Not too interested in Marvel or Valiant.

3 Likes

I’d love to write my take on a Smallville-like concept (young Clark growing up in Kansas, learning his powers, and meeting life-long friends Pete and Lana) as a six-issue miniseries for DC. I’ve also been working on something (just script drafts, mostly) I’m actually going to try to publish, be it through Image or some other indie publisher. I could see myself writing for Marvel, but it would be on some smaller-scale stories (I’d love to write Spectacular or Some-Other-Adjective Spider-Man; one of the best characters of all time with less editorial interference because it’s not, y’know, Amazing Spider-Man).

2 Likes

DC. - Writing anything DC would be a dream. But first picks would be Superman, Justice League, Dial H For Hero, Booster Gold, and Power Girl
Zeniscope - Grimm Fairy Tales or Robyn Hood. Or heck… let me create my own book.
Marvel - Spider-Man, Speedball, She-Hulk.

4 Likes

It’s easy for me to say:

1. DC
  2. DC
  3. DC

Realistically, this is more accurate:

1. DC
  2. Image/Dark Horse
  3. DC
4 Likes

Writing for:

DC- Elongated Man