Top 10 Obscure Superman Villains

I am looking for your next level Superman villians and maybe why? Just to be clear, no luthers, no zods, no brainiacs, no darkseids.’
None of the popular villians.
Who is a second or third tear villian you might want to come back.

4 Likes

I think its time for another take on Metallo.

2 Likes

The world stands ready for the returns of:

● Conduit
● Blackrock
● Ruin
● Imperiex
● Atomic Skull
● Massacre
● Maxima
● Concussion
● The Combattor
● Preus

Bonus:
● Dominus
● Rampage

6 Likes

Kyrptonian Condiment King

2 Likes
  1. Prankster. Particularly fond of Kurt Busiek’s take, wish they would do more with him.
  2. Imperiex. Originally positioned to be DC’s answer to Galactus, and we haven’t heard from him in 20 years.
  3. Parasite. Particularly the incarnation that can duplicate the powers he absorbs.
  4. Ultra-Humanite. But enough with the big white gorilla, the terror of Ultra-Humanite is that his brain could be in anyone or anything.
  5. Lady Blaze and Satanus. Superman needs a magic presence in his rogues gallery.
  6. Manchester Black. We saw him again in Tomasi’s Superman but it’s time for a comeback.
  7. Mandrakk the Dark Monitor. Last seen in Steve Orlando’s The Unexpected, but still hasn’t gotten a rematch against Clark since Final Crisis.
  8. The Savior, a mostly forgotten Superman fanatic who believes Superman really died fighting Doomsday and the returned Superman is an impostor.
  9. Vartox. I miss his rivalry with Superman.
  10. Sleez — just kidding. Never bring back Sleez.
6 Likes

Microwave Man:

Lewis_Padgett_(Earth-One)_001

5 Likes

I’d love to see the return of small time villains. And id love for those villains to remain small time. I really can’t stand a galactic or universal event every six months. It’s tiring.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that “sagebrush scavenger”–Terra-Man?

3 Likes

Parasite is an over looked villain-and an extremely powerful one.

1 Like

No! You beat me to it! I have a strange and probably unhealthy affection for him.

3 Likes

Do you have an idea?

1 Like

I would have John Corben be as a desperate man who is looking for purpose in his life, but has questionable morales and shady past. Then tragedy strikes and he gets into an critical accident in Metropolis. Then he ends up in the care of Lex Luthor who turns him into Metallo and finally gives him a purpose, which is to rid the world of Superman. I think there is a story to be told there.

1 Like

Would your version be more man or machine?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ulysses again. Since he was a New 52 villain, I’m not sure if current continuity erased him, but I kinda liked his story.

2 Likes

I have always wondered why Parasite wasn’t more of a Justice League level threat. He is pretty much an organic version of Amazo. This clip from JLU is how I would treat Parasite. He is stealing powers and mixing and matching them.

2 Likes

Didn’t he die from cancer though?

1 Like

Only if it is the Cowboy version from the 70s!

1 Like

I would start him off as more man, then gradually turns into more machine. He loses more of his humanity as the story continues.

2 Likes

I liked him for that story, because it showed him as a parallel to Superman. It really showed him as a tragic figure. But I don’t know how you would bring him back without making him a total world conquering villian. Which would undercut the tragic figure of him.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, we didn’t leave him in a very happy place. I think he was incarcerated and pretty upset at losing his home world. His return could start with a typical revenge bend against Superman, and could potentially turn into something more.

1 Like