Tonight: Jim Lee and Asian American Superheroes

What is this witchcraft?! :joy:

6 Likes

tenor

7 Likes

Will definately look into this. My brother is Vietnamese and I love when they do these types of things!

5 Likes

Thank goodness for those reminder banners I almost missed this! I recently found out I’m a quarter Japanese so I’m celebrating and discovering more about my heritage this month. Still don’t know what relative has Japanese roots but I’ll figure it out somehow!

5 Likes

New Super-Man was at least a top 5 Rebirth book.

5 Likes

I don’t know if I’d praise New Super-Man that highly, but it absolutely is one of the best titles in the overall Rebirth pantheon, that’s for sure. I’m re-reading the Justice League of China arc and it’s fun.

Just going to toss this nuggest of badassery out there for those who haven’t yet seen it (goes on sale 5/11/21):

6 Likes

Anyone else watching ATM?

Bueller?

5 Likes

I’m here! This is really amazing and Jim is such a sweet guy!

5 Likes

I’m digging it. I know a lot about Mr. Lee’s background, but I never tire of hearing him talk about it.

He could go on about aluminum siding and I’d listen with rapt attention.

4 Likes

Lol this is the most I’ve ever heard from him other than his interview in DC Secret Origin documentary

4 Likes

Then you are in for a treat. He’s a great listen.

4 Likes

Woohoo Image/Wildstorm!

4 Likes

I didn’t know Bernard Chang was a Disney Imagineer!

That’s two things this event has taught me.

feels good that he learned-a-ded two things today

4 Likes

I just realized Gene’s shirt is the Superman button up!

4 Likes

I like what he’s saying about going global. I recently discovered Taiwanese comics and was blown away!

4 Likes

I got halfway through, paused at the 37 minute mark, cause I’ve gotta go to bed. But I’m gonna finish tomorrow! I love Jim Lee! Dude is so awesome! When they ask him about if he is ever kind of afraid and he says he’s really analytical about it and dissects the fear, I thought “This man is genius level!”

4 Likes

If y’all wanna check out some of Gene’s work, his Shang-Chi (2020-) is free to download on ComiXology with Unlimited.

4 Likes

He’s definitely in the Corps! :00_lc_green_lantern:

4 Likes

Not bragging but yeah kinda bragging. I met Jim Lee. Had him sign a copy of Deathblow #1.

5 Likes