Tonight: Jim Lee and Asian American Superheroes

For Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month, watch the event that celebrates the life work of DC Chief Creative Officer and Publisher Jim Lee. He appears in a conversation with illustrator Bernard Chang (“Generations Forged”) and writers Sarah Kuhn (“Shadow of the Batgirl”) and Minh Lê (“Green Lantern: Legacy”). Moderated by former National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature Gene Luen Yang (“Superman Smashes the Klan”).

This event premieres on YouTube and Facebook 2021-05-06T23:00:00Z and will be available on demand on the Library of Congress’ website.

Will you be tuning in to learn more about the incredible work of our very own Jim Lee? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

20 Likes

Oh. YEAH. This JL fan is In Like Flint! :metal:t2:

Query: I don’t see it listed in the copy, but what time zone is the 4:00 PM time listed above for? I’m on the same time as CA, so is it Pacific?

readies to mark his calendar while notating next week’s AAPI one-shot, with its badass Jim Lee cover, is his pick for Book of The Week

6 Likes

Yes!!! Love Jim Lee!

4 Likes

:fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

Have you read the best Jim Lee book that nobody has heard of?

It’s pretty badass.

5 Likes

It has been added to the list, sir!

4 Likes

You. Rock. :metal:t2:

marks his calendar for the above event at 4 PM, then contemplates if he should hand out Divine Right Awareness flyers, ala the “Save the clock tower!” lady from Back to the Future

Anything to spread the word on The Master’s little-known masterpiece…

hopes that girlfriends of time-traveling heroes won’t use said flyers just to write their phone number on

That’s okay to do, but only if they read the flyer and then check out Jim Lee’s kick-assest book ever beforehand.

5 Likes

When you hover over the calendar embed, it appears in the time zone associated with your Community account- so it should be localized to whoever is looking at it! For example, if you’re in New York, it would read as 7:00pm, whereas if you are in Washington, it would say 4:00pm.

6 Likes

Also: This will be available on demand after the event, as well. So even if you miss it, you will be able to watch it later on :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks, Super Nintendo Chalmers! I learnded something new today. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I went to see a few doctors this week, couple of them are Asian Americans. I’m so thankful for they’re help and have alot of respect for them. They are a heroes in my book.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

:shock_ga: I hope you’re okay, buddy. We need our Penguin.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Thankyou @Vroom, I’m doing good, nothing to serious.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ellie Kemper. :heart:

4 Likes

This looks really interesting :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I might have to check it out

4 Likes

Whew! Here, take two of these and call me in the morning.

notes that he would have included a Jim Lee-style Penguin figure, but none yet exist

5 Likes

lol, Red catches the eye, but mine are on Mindy Kaling!

6 Likes

Don’t wanna brag, but…Red caught my 4 eyes. :eyeglasses:

resumes thumbing through a Rolodex for a Jim Lee book to read

5 Likes

Sounds awesome™:+1:

6 Likes

Given that Gene Luen Yang is moderating, has anyone besides me read New Super-Man?

It’s a pretty solid series, as was Yang’s work on the New 52 volume of Superman, which began in this issue.

6 Likes