🔵 🟣 Nightwing Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) 🟣 🔵

From the beginning of Infinite Frontier in March of 2021 to today’s (July 19th) release of Nightwing #94, Tom Taylor’s Nightwing has been a fan-favorite run on a fan-favorite title starring a fan-favorite character.

Are you reading the latest adventures of Nightwing? What are your thoughts on #94?

If you’re brand-new to Taylor’s Nightwing, you can catch the beginning of it right here:

ALSO: While Tom Taylor’s run on Nightwing is the core focus of this thread, should anyone want to chit-chat about other Nightwing-centric reads (especially Chuck Dixon’s acclaimed work), you are absolutely welcome to do so. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Some spiffy current and upcoming variants:

#94, by Jamal Campbell.

#95 swimsuit variant, by Nicola Scott.

#96 B cover, by Jamal Campbell (paging @DC89).

#96 C/Harley Quinn 30th anniversary cover, by Alan Quah.

1 Like

:purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart:

LOVE. Thx for the heads up on these Super Cool @Vroom. :smiley:

4 Likes

Taylor’s really playing the long game when it comes to Heartless. We’re now 17 issues into his run and still have no idea who this guy is. Part of me does think this makes the character more intriguing, but I’m also worried it’s now been so long that when the identity is eventually revealed, it’ll be underwhelming no matter what. I’m still really enjoying this run overall, but that’s 1 element that I can’t quite get away from

2 Likes

“No prob, Bob.”

I was tempted to get the variant for #94, but I opted for the A cover, instead.

#96’s B cover though…

…yeah, I might just have to get that.

As an ardent Nightwing fan, that one just speaks to me, and then some.

2 Likes

So, #94. Another great, grand and glorious issue in the great and grand glory that is Tom Taylor’s Nightwing, with my favorite scene being Nightwing playing chicken.

Too bad about that bike though, but Nightwing’s 86ing of it was well-done, all the same.

2 Likes

#ENDGAME :star_struck:

4 Likes

I really want that cover as a poster. Whenever I have Ms. Right over for the first time, she could look at it and say “Oh my God, you’re a Nightwing guy? Let’s get married!” :joy:

#miraclesbyposters

2 Likes

:smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Like Batman said in Mask of the Phantasm, “Whatever it takes!” :rofl:

1 Like

i feel a possable NightOracle cannon wedding coming up.

2 Likes

I’m still enjoying the series. I think the trek through cross overs and team ups took way too long, so I’m glad the focus has shifted back to Bludhaven. That said, I loved seeing Dick and Wally as best friends again.

As for Dick/Babs, they’re my favorite DC characters both individually and especially together. I like how Taylor portrays them both. I wish we got to peek in their heads more often though. I’m trying not to get too excited by covers and solicitations though - they’ve burned me too much in the past!

3 Likes

How about…“Oraclewing”?

Let the lady lead, I say.

2 Likes

the Night Oracle
Babs is the Oracle of the ones who work the night shift.
Thus NightOracle…and she will be able to stair at dicks butt all she wants behind him…i have a running gage in my fanwork about Babs having a massive butt fetish and that’s why she puts up with dick.

1 Like

what should dick and babs ship name be?

• NightOracle
  • OracleWing

0 voters

1 Like

OrWing sounds better than either or Noracle

2 Likes

i like the second one.

1 Like

Nightwing #95 is on the stands and ready for your hard-earned sheckles!

A cover, by Bruno Redondo.

B cover, by Jamal Campbell.

C cover/Swimsuit Variant, by Nicola Scott.

D cover (1:25), by David Talaski.

Chime in with your expectations and/or thoughts on Nightwing #95, part 4 of “The Battle for Bludhaven’s Heart”.

2 Likes

I liked the issue overall, although the bulk of my review may not give that impression, lol. The pacing was good, the art was great, the plot progressed in an unexpected way, and there were a couple nice character moments. I’m excited for the next issue!

However, I feel like I’m still recovering from the last onslaught of splash page cameos, so as much as a team effort makes sense for this particular issue, it just felt repetitive. The biggest surprise for me was the lack of yet another cameo (Jon) toward the end, protecting Haven. As much as I like seeing Dick as a leader, I really want to see Nightwing’s fighting skills and acrobatics take center stage in the field against high stakes. We’ve gotten glimpses in this run, and they’ve been amazing with this art team! If we’re going to get splash pages, then I’d rather they focus on the title character instead of his (at least partially) unnamed friends/allies.

2 Likes

Any theories on what happens next?

I think…

Heartless is going to show up. We’ve seen his lair with a big giant jar, and it would put the villain directly in Nightwing’s path again. Also, it would likely be more interesting than just having the heroes show up. I could see this happening two ways. 1. (My preference) Dick saves himself and defeats Blockbuster. Heartless comes along, taunts the fallen villain, then takes his heart. 2. Heartless pops up immediately and takes Blockbuster’s heart. There’s a Nightwing/Heartless confrontation/stalemate, thus setting Heartless up as the spotlight villain moving forward.

I’m probably wrong… and covers/solicitations can be very misleading or even completely unrelated to the content inside. Sigh. Anyway, I’m looking forward to what comes next. Also, for the annual! Bitewing: Year One squee

2 Likes