Tom Peyers' Hourman is criminally underrated

An omnipotent android from the distant future learning about how to be human from a former teen sidekick now spending his days writing in a coffeeshop. Funny, Reverent, a joy to read. Seriously why haven’t I heard about this book before? I happened across it in this new to DC list, and it’s brilliant. Absolutely belongs on top ten list to read from DC Comics

8 Likes

Absolutely correct. I assigned it to someone in the assign a comic book thread, and that guy liked it quite a bit. I agree. It’s a joy and one of the series I’d love to see revived.

2 Likes

I’ll add to my ever growing list of things to check out

2 Likes

Not many people have read it due to it never being collected and that they just released it digitaly for the first time, which they haven’t even finished yet. But now that they have released it people are going to start discovering it.
If anyone is interested in comics from other publishers, the writer Tom Peyer has been doing humor focused comics for his new company Ahoy Comics.

1 Like

Preach!

It’s on a personal very short list of decade-defining series that were cut off before their time.

1 Like

I had never heard of this series and I am presently wirking through it. Certified fresh!

1 Like

Yep. BatWatch assigned it to me, and I’ve read them all now. Highly recommended!

1 Like

It is, it really is.

1 Like

I have the entire series as it was tied in to the main JLA comic! Absolutely one of the best series I ever read.

1 Like

So good. Gone too soon…