Tom King’s Adam Strange

Tom King and Mitch Gerads have announced their new 12 issue maxiseries: Strange Adventures! Sharing Gerads’ art duties is Evan “Doc” Shaner, of books such as Flash Gordon and Future Quest. What are your thoughts on this? I’m hesitant about it, but I have enough good will for King, Gerads, and Shaner based on their past creations to at least give this book a shot. Adam Strange has never been my favorite character, but I’m well aware of the fanbase that he has. Thoughts? Opinions? Worries?

6 Likes

On one hand, I’m very excited for this, because despite some of the strikes he’s had of late, Tom King is still consistantly an excellent writer, especially when he collaborates with Mitch Geralds, and adding Doc Shaner to the mix is very exciting as well.

On the other hand…I’m a little worried whether this will present something different from King’s past work. It looks like it’s going to approach a lot of stuff within King’s wheelhouse, specifically, heroes dealing with war and the consequences both within and without. I’m hoping that, considering what we’re seeing in the covers, it focuses more on how people treat him both on Rann and the planet they’re fighting against (likely Thanagar, but could be something else).

4 Likes

Super excited for this. Love his Mister Miracle, and a huge Adam Strange fan. Think the limited series is becoming Tom King’s thing. Apart from HOC it seems to be the continuing series that split people. I expect this to be another Mister Miracle, Omega Men or Vision, however, so what’s not to like? Excited that it’s a character I dig.

3 Likes

Wow never knew about this. Definitely gonna pick it up and see how it is. It’s been awhile since Adam strange had his own solo series

2 Likes

Exacted yet scared it will end in death of him Alana or another heroes crisis or it could as good as his mister miracle was in the type of hero or Batman in covering the sides him however he still to do heroes in crisis mabye time manqulation in the Wally West serious or after doomsday clock to much poteintsl and good characters lost hotspot nemies Roy Harper arsnal red devil commander steel lagoon boy gnarkh sure some might be better dead but their thps who should still be saved on a way

2 Likes

I adore Adam Strange, but I’ve recently shortened my reading list, so I’ll probably pass on this.

At least as it’s coming out.

3 Likes

Based on Omega Men alone I am all over this.

2 Likes

I adore and love Adam Strange Im excited for this

1 Like

Adam Strange has been one of my favorite comic book characters ever

1 Like

I’m excited! Tom King said he’s intentionally going to try and make the series less about trauma and “more contemporary”

And this is coming from a guy who likes his trauma writing as well

2 Likes

Metal Men and Adam Strange both in 2019 never thought this would happen

1 Like

@mrmiracle
I love his Omega Men. It’s one of the best examples of a “no one’s really a hero” stories I’ve read (largely because Kyle Rayner is consistently written as a character who only wants to do the right thing). I have some worry that the book will be too same-y compared to OM, but like I said, I trust the creative team enough based on their previous work to read this.

I’m excited for this!

1 Like

Mister Terrific revealed as second lead character!

With regards to the cover art, bonus points out of the gate.

I just got through reading Strange Adventures #2. I’m still not disappointed. Looking forward to the third.

Strange Adventures #2

1 Like

Just finished reading issue 3 and it is kind of interesting unfortunately with everything that’s going on with Tom King I can’t pick up this book and keep a Clean conscience. I’m going to have to wait till there is another Adam Strange story written by another writer that does not bash fellow artist on twitter.

1 Like