To The Moderators

Thank you mods for being here with us every day! Especially @Barrys.Better.Half, who is generally one of the most awesome people on the forum!

15 Likes

3ab444a1f3183e2dced4b9e326842f4f18e41bc9_00

This has got to be the best “Monday after break” moment I’ve ever had in my whole life!! Hello, immediately making this my desktop background! :heart_eyes: A few months… weeks? Years? ago, @Aquamon reached out asking me how many seedlings @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell has, and I quickly forgot all about it (as per my malfunctioning brain). Connecting that to how many people worked on this, the level of time, care, and coordination… my heart is overflowing.

@CynicalPink, I love the way you picked up on the DC logo font for the letters and the gently falling snow in the gif!
@cici, the glow of the letters and how the shadows work on each character from their light source is dang impressive!
@RobArt471, the way Green.Lantern is peering into his ring as though to discern “Who Would Win”, and Harley’s clear love of pudding- you captured both their passions in their expressions beautifully!
@Jay_Kay, I will spend the remainder of my days trying to live up to this depiction :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@Aquamon, I am obsessed with how you used the B:TAS style of Ivy - this is forever how I will picture her while doing WALs now.
@_UnderScore, YES!! Alec.Holland lords over us all from his position in the evenings. You made Swampy look so friendly! I love the detail of the teeny tiny Christmas tree growing from his index finger :christmas_tree:
@Goldk, I don’t think you realize how very accurate this illustration of BBH is! Getting both the human and LEGO version of her in there was brilliant :rofl:
@NYJt3, the detail of the smiley face button as MIB’s headphones is :chefkissyhands:. Bravo, friend- and the shadowed folds of the coat and casual posture is exceptional.

Thank you all so much for this gift. It is incredibly touching, and a much-needed recharge after a very chaotic year. I think all of us would agree that we will be continuing the good work of defending this community against the darkness of the Internet, with something like this to show us how beautiful this little corner of cyberspace really is.

All right, guess I’ll get back to work now…

stares at picture a little while longer

20 Likes

Glad you like it and nice to hear the Vacation gave you the relaxing recharge needed :+1:

11 Likes

The mods make this a great little part of the internet. Thanks so much for all you do!

11 Likes

I was a MIA crazy woman from Nov-Dec (still crazy now, but a little less MIA :sweat_smile:). I’d call this one AC’s team for sure!

8 Likes

I think I missed some when editing everything together! :scream: Sorry, smallest seedlings!

6 Likes

You look so much like my friend Erica that every time I see you post, I do a slight double take. :laughing: Sadly, she’s not a fan of comics and such, so she’s not likely to visit these parts.

9 Likes

@Barrys.Better.Half, You are very welcome. Thank you and your fellow moderators for giving us a safe and fun place to express our love of all things DC. I also want to say thanks to my fellow club members for letting me contribute.

9 Likes

Gonna have to give @CynicalPink the credit for the glowy letters, that was all her marvelousness! For real though, thank you for all you do, everyday I honestly stop and pause in amazement at how this platform manages to make social media fun and welcoming and truly good! :black_heart:

8 Likes

So glad you’re back @CynicalPink! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you, I’m trying to be as much as I can! :hugs: Miss y’all!

7 Likes