To the Collectors out There or Am I Alone?

I was I to comics in my pre teen years then didn’t get back to it until my mid 30s. I’m 38 now. Not many of my family are into comics and like my wife, they rather watch a cartoon or live action then to read the comics where they came from.
I got married late compared to many in my family. I got married at 31 years of age (she is 6 years younger than me) At first my wife didn’t like me collecting comics because where she is from (Philippines) they are not into collecting them and didn’t understand why a grown man likes little kid stuff and it’s a waste of money.
But after 7 years of marriage she accepts it now. Because like some people here, she sees that it brings happiness to me. I even got her to read a few comics but she rather have cartoon/live action.
I read every night before we go to bed. And sometimes she likes me to read it to her because if they look interesting she wants to know if the story matches it.

3 Likes

I’m 20, no one really seems to care. My family is aware I’m into comics but they just see it as a hobby(as it is)

5 Likes

I’m 23, everybody close to me is super supportive of my nerdy hobbies and even enjoy seeing me get excited about them, which I appreciate greatly. My sister I think is the only one that doesn’t really get it, but even then she’s respectful about it. I suppose I’ve been blessed with great people around me lol, I hope all of you are/will be as well!

4 Likes

Well I’m 52 and I have a room with boxes of comics on shelving units. So I’m going to say after 32 years of marriage my wife supports my hobby. For the most part. If I didn’t have to spend money on it she’d be happier Lol! I collect mostly singles but have some graphic novels and a few DC Showcase presents which are cool even though their black and white. I do enjoy sports as well so my “nerd” shirts are right there by my sports shirts.

4 Likes

Love the Reeve profile pic!

3 Likes

I’m 28 and sometimes my mom makes a comment of “seriously?” but my wife is all down to get me nerdy stuff for my collection lol

2 Likes

@AtlasXhunter your wife is definitely a keeper and My Mom did the same thing so I understand. I will say cherish the time with your Mom because I would give up my entire collection with a smile on my face just to talk to My Mom about anything especially something nerdy.

2 Likes