Titans

Only thing I didn’t like about the episode was Starfire. I don’t like anything about her. The costume.
The hair. Her. Everything. (Nothing to do with Skin!!).
Not saying the actress is bad. Because she is a good actor.
But she is not a good Starfire.

2 Likes

Having read the comics for years and watched the premier of the new series this past week, I have only one question. What took so long? I loved the premier episode. The dark aspects of this series are what make it unique and appealing. Looking forward to the next one with Hawk and Dove. Great job DC!

2 Likes

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 2:

I continue to be pleasantly surprised by this show. After the first episode, I was all in. The second episode delivered as well. I absolutely love Hawk and Dove already. Their costumes are spectacular. The way Hawk and Dove fight in tandem is really cool. They’re actual partners that come off as equals. I love seeing through their eyes how they view Dick. A lot of people have a problem with how Dick is being depicted. Hawk and Dove provide that perspective for those people. Hawk and Dove get to be thinking and saying in the show what some hardcore Dick fans have been saying. It’s pretty cool. That ending was crazy. I’m really hoping that a certain character pulls through because they were a highlight of the series for me so far. I’m now even more excited for episode 3.

5 Likes

If anyone finds any easter eggs post them on my thread called
Titans Review + (Easter Eggs, Nods and More)

I liked Starfire’s hair better in the finale. The actress is so beautiful, naturally, but the color of the TV hair and the craziness of the wig doesn’t go as well with her natural beauty as it could. Since it was decided to depart from the traditional look of the character a bit, and no one is truly orange, I think the most important part about Starfire’s look should be she is knock down beautiful, rather than being perfectly true to a comic drawing (maybe even highlights work better if it’s makes someone look natural and good). The actress has a rockin body and the shape of her face is similar to Starfire’s. I don’t think the show is capitalizing on that. Starfire is an innocent super hero with an extremely revealing costume, and I think the actress is the right person who can handle it. So when she gets her real costume, it should make things more interesting.

2 Likes

I think they should go to cos play to learn the different costumes. For example, CGI hair, to make it flame like a Phoenix is cool, beautiful (but maybe too expensive). Messy hair when not on fire is not cool.

1 Like