Titans

The first episode was so good. The acting was great. I was not sure what to expect, but I liked so much. I also have to say that the music really stood out to me. It was a nice change to what we hear on other DCTV.

12 Likes

LOVED the first episode sooooo much. Only problem is Starfire. While obviously TV versions of characters we all LOVE, you can at least SEE Robin as Robin. You can see Raven in Rachel. You can see - while very limited in the first episode - Beast Boy in Gar. Starfire, Cory, doesn’t in anyway remind you of the character from the comics/animations. She doesn’t look like her (has NOTHING to do with skin color - her hair is bright pinkish red?), the outfit is just bad and she doesn’t act in anyway like the character from the comics. Her story - which may even turn out to be great but we just haven’t seen enough of it yet - doesn’t resemble her story from the comics or animations. If you were to watch just her story and with no knowledge that it was a part of the Titans TV Show you’d have no clue that she was supposed to be Starfire - with the obvious exception of her name. Everything else - SOOOOOO GOOD! Here’s hoping things get better with Starfire. STILL - the show is SOOOOO GOOD that I’ll give it a 9 out of 10 rating and say BEST DC SHOW EVER!

Lastly, if you’d like to hear more listen to The Wayward Geeks Morning Show on Fanboys Radio LIVE at 10am EST on Fanboys Radio! www.FanboysRadio.com

1 Like

I’m so so so pleased with everything. Anna Diop’s performance of Kory is different from everything we’ve seen so far but I like it and I’m curious too see where it takes us. Rachel/Raven and Dick/Robin… ? Phenomenal Im so excited for more I couldn’t ask for anything else from this show. Even beast boys little entrance at the end was pretty entertaining. Gave me a good little laugh there lol

4 Likes

Th show is AWESOME!! I hope Strafire character gets more in tune with the comic character. As a pilot it’s good cause I know things are still very rough and still very susceptible to change. But I don’t like how her character comes off as high class " working girl " I HOPE I’m wrong about that bout that’s how it feels to me

2 Likes

Let’s see how her character arc plays out this season and how she starts off s2

3 Likes

Other than Starfire, I really enjoyed it. Unlike a lot of people, I couldn’t care less about her skin not being orange. It just makes sense from a production standpoint, and it glowing orange when she uses her powers compensates for that.

Now, on to what IS an issue in my opinion. Her look is just idiotic, it just looks silly. I understand wanting to pay tribute to her comic look while not giving her a costume yet, but there were much better and less campy ways to do it. Obviously, that’s something that can be corrected in future episodes and hopefully will be.

Why change her power set? I mean, just because she has the word “Fire” in her name, her powers have to be fire based? Don’t dumb things down, in this day and age it just doesn’t work. It is as stupid as adding “Black” to the name of African American heroes. Some changes I understand, but this one seems completely unnecessary.

Also, her entire character’s personality is off. She has always been a bit wide eyed and naive as a result of her being new to our planet. That’s the charm of her character, see our traditions and cultures through her eyes. It seems they are trying to mimic that somewhat through an amnesia plot device. I hope I’m wrong and when/if she regains her memories, we get a more comic accurate take on her personality.

It’s a shame really, the young lady portraying her seems like a very solid actress who does a great job with the material given to her. I hope we get a chance to see what she can do with a more traditional version of the character.

2 Likes

Loved it! My wife even enjoyed it and was so dissapointed when she realized the whole season didn’t drop today lol. I can’t wait to see e2.

1 Like

To me at least; every thing was a little off. That being said I didn’t hate it.

Kind of wished Kori’s fire was green and not fire, Raven’s powers are different (maybe just undeveloped), Beastboy’s transformation looks slow and painful, and Robin seemed extra violent.

Off… this show seems off. It feel like a classic case of over-correction. People liked the original Teen Titans cartoon. Which had a good balance of whimsical and serious moments. Then they made Teen Titans Go; which people criticized for being too childish (myself included) and then they came out with this…

Just finished watching the first episode of titans I thought the acting was great pacing was good can’t wait for episode 2

2 Likes

just got done watching ep. 1, and wow, for the most part i liked it a lot. Starfire really threw me off with the hair and fur coat, raven was amazing, beastboy seemed pretty cool and robin’s violence was awesome! Definately not a kids show and thats what i wanted, can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

I liked Starfire and I am very curious to see how her character develops

3 Likes

Loved the first episode. Exceeded my expectations. I’m all in.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed episode #1, I gave it 10/10 on IMDB. First off, “Brandon Thwaites” kicks ass as Robin, that fight scene in the alley was nothing short of awesome! It did not bother me in the slightest, a vigilante tearing through thugs, rubbing their faces up against concrete walls and a broken glass window on a car door. Those losers beat up children and sold drugs to youths. I also thought it was cool in at his day-job he doesn’t care to work with a partner, due to working with the “Bat.” Rachel (Raven) is pretty interesting. I was shocked when they shot her guardian through the head in front of here. Star fire is hot as hell, literally. I like the tone, dark, and realistic. I liked “Beastboy’s intro, he’s a gamer. Also I love the Rock music at the beginning and end, as well as “Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats” and the “Decemberists.” Better than most of The Netflix shows, maybe not Daredevil. Great start DC, keep up the realism and the violence.

1 Like

Didn’t let me down. I had a gut feeling it would surpass expectations

1 Like

I really enjoyed it. I came in with low expectations.
I’m curious about the scratches on Ravens mom. Anyone know about that or have any clue?

1 Like

I liked it alot! Anxious for the next episode. Will admit, cutting back to mom seemed a bit gratuitous.

1 Like

Definitely excited for the build up of every character’s backstory.

2 Likes

Looking forward to see how they deal with “Hawk and Dove” in episode 2. They have comics accurate costumes that look campy in the real world, but I think with the quality and tone it should be pretty cool.

1 Like

It was very engaging and well acted. I saw it a second time with my mother, and she also really liked it a lot. I’m so looking forward to the Hawk and Dove episode, especially because I don’t know much about their characters

2 Likes

I know a little about them but am more familiar with the original brothers. I am curious about them and the episode

2 Likes