Titans - Why Was Starfire Changed?

What if she really is orange but hasn’t been able to change back since losing her memory? She finds out about herself next week and so maybe discovers a way to change form that she forgot about. It could all be part of her development arc!

2 Likes

I guess they couldn’t find and orange actress? Quit watching?

5 Likes

I think yur hatin dude. Theres nothing inauthentic about her portrayal. Shes an alien, so if the issue is a race thing (Not implying that you see, hence the “If”) than that shouldn’t matter, because Starfire is an alien, who isnt used to normal human customs… But if anything, shes the strongest actress of them all. And as far as i can see, shes a great starfire. And I’m very impressed with her on this show.

5 Likes

Omg loss of memory equates loss of alien coloring would be a fantastic plot twist lol!

1 Like

She’s doing the best acting job on the show.

5 Likes

Yeah, no, Anna is easily one of the best leads on the show. Like, unless you’ve actually been watching the show, there’s kinda no real warrant for hate on her as an actress or Kory as a character. The actress owns the scene she’s in, and Kory is the literal epitome of big dick energy, but, you know :man_shrugging:t2: the animated series is there for you to keep watching too if you can’t stand someone who isn’t orange playing Starfire?

3 Likes

Titans… why did they make starfire so different I understand wanting a strong black woman in the show but why starfire it doesn’t feel like I’m watching something with starfire .
Anna Diop is a good actress but I don’t feel she was casted for the right part I feel like she should have had another role has a strong black woman in the show and maybe it’s not her fault maybe it’s the director I don’t know but it doesn’t have the starfire feel and again it’s nothing against Anna Diop as an actress it just doesn’t feel like starfire… Also stop with the 70’s theme for her seriously can a show Portray a strong black woman without making her look like to crawled out of the 70’s…

Typed that at almost 3 in the morning… one of the most important parts was …
it’s nothing against Anna Diop as an actress it just doesn’t feel like starfire… Also stop with the 70’s theme for her seriously can a show Portray a strong black woman without making her look like she crawled out of the 70’s…
Why do shows and movies do that woman of all races can be strong figures but for some reason they like to put a 70’s theme on black woman… what’s up with that?

Heya @rkitts75.25884 Very interesting thoughts. Starfire is extremely different from her character in just about everything else she is featured in, but I have to say, while I was looking forward to the lighthearted, lovable character we’re all familiar with, the Titans Starfire definitely grew on me.

SN: I will be moving this thread on over to the “TV, Film, & Games” category, as it seems slightly more fitting there.

I liked Anna Diop as Starfire

1 Like

She’s a yellow alien for crying out loud