Titans- why is Dick the only bad guy in the room?- SPOILERS!

Very true

Needless to say I am eager and invested into seeing where the show is going to take things.

2 Likes

100% agree

100% as well. I definitely think this is all building up to something epic and part of the plan.

Interesting I like this idea too. It would explain the soda thing and set up that trigon is still a threat for future story-lines; likely appeasing/exciting fans who felt the trigon arc was wrapped up and solved too easily. Personally I didn’t mind but still.

Also please remind me, can Jericho access people’s memories when he takes them over? Because in theory if he can that could also explain how he knows intimate details about all the titans, even ones he shouldn’t know necessarily. Like if he was working with Slade he could have secretly piggybacked off and into all the titans to get the dirt to hurt them. Plus they would never know because people black out and don’t even remember or aware when Jericho is inside them. As seen when Jericho first showed and explained his powers to the Titans.

Ultimately I don’t now if Jericho is alive, evil, or even coming back I just like the idea of the Wilson’s V. Titans.

P.S. I wonder if Grant Wilson exists in this universe as well.

2 Likes

I think it was wrong of them all to solely blame Dick for what happened with Jericho. I see that he is in a downward spiral of blaming and hating himself. He made a horrible decision leaving Conner in just Gar’s hands. Hopefully next week they will start to pick up the pieces.

2 Likes

Yeah, this was probably my least favorite episode of the season. Felt season oneish.

Gar came off really likable though.

1 Like

According to the news article from our own @HubCityQuestion in Oct 28th

“The explanation comes in a quite tragic reveal: every time Jericho takes possession of someone, a little piece of that person stays with him.”

That seems to imply that he has some access to their consciousness.

Of course, you could ask for a more definitive answer by posing this in the “Ask the question” thread.

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/ask-the-question-weekly-column-submission-thread/59246/410

1 Like

I think on one of the DC Daily episodes this week, Chella Man was on and I think he said Jericho does have access to their memories but I’m not 100% sure. And I don’t feel like going back and watching it again LOL. Can anyone else corroborate?

1 Like

Now that we’re talking a bit more about Jericho, has anyone noticed through all these episodes if people have been acting out of character at any point? Might be something to go back and re-watch and see if there are any clues!

1 Like

It does seem extremely weird that Nightwing is getting all the blame. He may have targeted Jericho but he didn’t pull him in front of him when deathstroke was attacking him. The others in the show need to grow up and realize that these things just happen sometimes. Donna should’ve understood the most, cause Garth did the exact same thing when he did. Smh at the disrespect that everyone showed Dick, but it did make me love Gar even more. He was the only one who stood by Dick and that made my day. Still loved the episode and am now just foaming at the mouth for Nightwing to appear in costume. I’m sure it’s gonna be a fight against slade, but I’m getting hyped. #TITANSGO!

2 Likes

Y’know what Slade’s biggest flaw as a character is? He doesn’t blame himself for any of this.

He murdered Garth and set the Titans on him. He attacked Donna and prompted Dick to break his promise to Jericho under extreme duress. And most of all, he killed Jericho.

That bastard is acting all self-righteous, when in fact the Titans only reacted the best way they knew how to his sociopathic actions.

8 Likes

This is exactly my read of the episode as well. To me their reactions all felt real and organic. People don’t want to confront their own demons. It’s easier to blame someone else. Dick is everyone’s scapegoat and it’s taking its toll on him. “The night is darkest just before the dawn. And the dawn is coming.”

4 Likes

Yeah, that was so fake. Right off the bat I could tell that wasn’t him, or at least that one out of the two was lip syncing.

Why didn’t responsible Gar call Batman?! Possessed by Jericho/somebody else, maybe? Weird.

I loved the fact that Raven called out Donna.
Starfire would have stayed had it not been for Blackfire. So she didn’t play the blame game on Grayson. Although since she didn’t really tell him the full story about why she left, I can see Grayson felling abandoned by her as well.

I was kinda surprised that Grayson never called out Slade during the fight for what he did to Donna. I think that would have changed Jericho’s perspective on why Grayson showed up, and he wouldn’t have felt (as) betrayed.

Wow dick is the only bad guy in the room how sad and top of that deathstroke threat him if he ever put the team back together he will kill them alll dannmm thats deep

You nailed it. I was thinking the same thoughts.

1 Like

Dick WAS the only bad guy in da room. But when the Titans turnt their backs on him n walked away, they became the WORST guys. I’m seriously mad at the ex-Titans! They can stay gone!

Hello esteemed DC writers and folks. I was a little concerned about this particular episode, because the characters certainly have great opportunities to shine, but here they seem to fall flat, as stated above.

The karaoke scene reminded me of time fillers on the Brady Bunch and Lost in Space. Please, never again have characters performing on stage. That is not what we tune in for.

I get that the Titans need to be split up and go their own way. I get that Dick needs to hit bottom before becoming Nightwing. However, the means by which this happens is forced. A better way would be for the Titans to be split in motivation and to go down fighting pursuing their separate goals. Dick uses someone, just like Batman but Deathstroke kills his son. That is not Dick’s fault, regardless of how the other Titans feel. It’s Deathstroke’s fault.

Hank has just turned from a jerk into an ass. I have no motivation whatsoever to interest me in his story line. I’d rather the character was written out. He goes from making out with his girl to telling her to hit the road. What a guy! And a hero to boot. Not.

Now, to what you got right. I like the tension that builds around Dick’s storyline, but not the way he resolves it. I like the naivete that Connor goes through. Not sure about picking a fight with the cops. Not the group I would have had him find conflict with. Gar was represented very well, but I was puzzled by his lack of interest in his crush leaving.

The conflict between Deathstroke and Dick while well portrayed seemed stretched. Why didn’t Deathstroke just kill him?

I congratulate you on writing a series that does not go the way of superhero drama, ala the CW. The Titans should compliment and understand one another. I look forward to more of the series.

Glenn
Retired Educator
Author of A Golconda Story

3 Likes

Dick is directly responsible for Jericho dying. He forced that fight with Deathstroke and then lied about what actually happened.

1 Like

Very poor writing this episode for the sake of having a reunion episode later. The tone was wrong in comparison to the past few episodes and I’m no t really happy with how they’re handling Hawk at the moment.

1 Like

Garfield wtf is the matter with you. Since when does superboy have heat vision and kill people? Miss martian needs to come straighten his ass out. I just think the show needs to cut out the sniffing butts stuff like its only 13 episodes so we need to get the bullshit out of the way and get to it we have 4 more episodes to get going here. Its just slow i hope we get 15 seasons of titans. Smallville wasnt really good until season 3 or 4 but it had 22 episodes i just think titans is slow and pulled in too many directions. Rachel gtf back in that car you dont know who you messin with these kids man. Better stop playin.

1 Like