Titans: Why are all the titans sicopaths?

Seriously like…why is everyone killing people? Starfire, Raven, Robin… It’s so ironic coming from DC…

2 Likes

Because it’s not set in a silly cartoon world. And Dick didn’t kill anyone.

10 Likes

I think they want to make it clear this isn’t the same universe that the CW characters are in.

3 Likes

It might be a surprise to those only familiar with the cartoon, but in the comics, it’s not really out of character for them. It’s also a reimagining meant for an older audience, so darker themes are able to be portrayed.

6 Likes

Do you mean “psychopath”?

3 Likes

I thought Starfire was the only one that killed someone, and she was trained by warlords. In the comics they suggested she would kill a lot more if Dick would let her. Dick was pretty violent, but I’m not sure anyone died. As far as Dick goes, look where he came from. I’m pretty sure you can’t grow up in Gotham and not be rough. And Raven. Well, she’s half-demon. Why would she always show that best half?

4 Likes

The inability to turn off closed captions is driving them insane, like me.

2 Likes

I don’t think the problem is necessarily that they kill (well okay Dick should never kill) it’s the apathetic attitude that they have toward killing.

Sure Kory was brought up a warrior and to her killing and death are not strangers but I never saw where she got joy from it and laughed at someone’s crumbling corpse.

For me that was unsettling and out of character. Not to mention straight up sociopathic. That’s not the Starfire I want to see on screen. She’s making her sister look like the good girl in the family.

2 Likes

She’s not in character though because of amnesia and everyone is at a dark rough place in their life. I’m sure they’ll evolve into better people after they all meet, become friends and a team

3 Likes

Most of the moments felt right for where the characters are currently. I don’t want to spoil on here but only one bothered me and to me it was the more violent moment of the show. It just seemed not needed, regardless of where the character is. Just because you can have that much violence in a streaming show doesn’t mean you have to crank it to a ten. The final moment of the first episode really was needed to even out the entire thing. Without it I don’t know how I would have felt about the entire episode.

2 Likes

Yeah… Unnecessarily violent. Too much. Maybe it’s like a Season 1 Arrow thing. Ollie was killing and then stopped.

1 Like

Dick doesn’t kill, it’s just extremely violent, those people won’t be able to do anything for rest of their lives.

2 Likes

It’s something new…btw you spelled Psychopath wrong.:grimacing:

“Oh too violent”, blah!

6 Likes

Robin’s take down of the thugs was totally appropriate. He is doing as Batman taught him and this is why he left Batman. He is NO longer the BOY Wonder but a grown Robin. It is in his friends the Titans that he will find his path to fighting crime which will not be as pain intensive as it was and must be for the Batman.

2 Likes

The news called him a sociopath too and that’s because that’s the point and story arc right now. He will become his own man soon

2 Likes

Raven is part demon. Her demon half broke through and did the killing. Starfire comes from a planet of warriors and was trained by literal warlords. Robin killed nobody.

7 Likes

The nerd speaks the truth!

1 Like

How do we know he didn’t kill anybody? Robin shanked one a guy in the neck with the slide of a gun…

Look again closely. He didn’t and the episode recap article in the news section confirmed it

1 Like