Titans Together & Birds of Prey Present šŸ“ŗ TITANS: SN 3 Watch-Alongs! THURSDAYS (starting 8/12) @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

Iā€™ve read all of these books before, but being that Blackfire has been a highlight of the season thus far, I just might be inclined to re-read them, once more.

Thank you for adding to my reading list, @DC89. :slight_smile:

bows, gentlemanly, in appreciation

5 Likes

Agreed @Vroom. Damaris Lewis has been delivering a fantastic performance as Blackfire this season. :+1:

:smiley:

5 Likes

That she has.

Sheā€™s also contesting with Star for the heart of this Kryptonian, as well. I like Blackfire fine, but Star is much more to my tastes. :clark_hv_4:

Plus, Star likes purple, and as Vicki said in Burtonā€™s Batman, ā€œI love purple!ā€ :purple_heart:

Seriously, purple schtuff is just good, great and grand.

4 Likes

I like the Connor and Blackfire subplot, although based on the comics, it is doomed to failure; these arenā€™t the comics, so we may be surprised. It was nice to see Krypto kick butt, last episode as well.

5 Likes

Hmm.

4 Likes

I like it too! I grow to love Blackfire more and more. She adds well-timed humor to the story. Connor and Blackfire is interesting because theyā€™re both alien to humanity. I hope she sticks around.

5 Likes

@ctrl.flirt.del Digginā€™ your new avatar! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks! I made it in Procreate because I want neon futuristic glasses and thatā€™s the best I can do right now before real ones come!!

4 Likes

As a wearer of glasses myself, I would also like neon futuristic glasses.

3 Likes

DC89 pivots to Starfire channeling mode

It is the wonderful Anna Diop as the Starfire!

Pleez press the button on the video to see the most glorious of the content!

The Hooray!

5 Likes

Nobody can convince me this isnā€™t actual leaked footage of our lovely @DC89 :hugs:

4 Likes

It is the me on the Wednesdays Mighty @Mae! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :hugs: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

was dozing away, then saw the lovely Titans rendition of Starfire come along

Iā€™m up! stretches and yawns as he watches the clip

3 Likes

Thank you for posting all of that Blackfire reading, @DC89! I got through it today, and I can DEFINTELY see where youā€™re coming from. There are some pretty revealing quotes from the reading that pretty much outright tell you that you cannot trust Blackfire (really just short of her wearing a t-shirt that says, ā€œHey, donā€™t trust me.ā€).

Still, I kind of feel for her. I really blame their father, King Myandā€™r, for the whole thing. He basically creates a dynastic succession controversy by naming Starfire his successor over her older sister. If youā€™re of royal blood and your whole sense of self-worth comes from whether you are fit to rule or not then that must have had a profound effect on Blackfire in her formative years. Sheā€™s a socio-path, yes, but I would argue her fatherā€™s decision helped make her that way. Itā€™s the kind of monarchal misstep that would lead to wars where thousands of people would get killed in Medieval Europe.

It also made me think that Blackfire and Conner really do have a lot in common. On Tamaran, there was prejudice against Blackfire because she couldnā€™t fly which really shaped how she interacts with/trusts people. With Conner, his half-Luthor heritage makes him worry that people will judge him a monster without really knowing him. It really makes sense that they would gravitate towards each other.

Andā€¦ againā€¦ sheā€™s really pretty. Is there truly no hope for her?

Also, the reading sent me down the deep rabbit-hole that is the ethno-politics of the Vegan star-system, so thanks for thatā€¦

4 Likes

Heā€™s def not the wisest of kings, or the strongest of fathers for that matter. :unamused:

Gotchaā€™. Iā€™m thinkinā€™ that if Conner gets too close to Blackfire his inner Luthorisms will get triggered. Good thing that Donna is returning, ā€˜cuz if Conner goes on a rampage sheā€™s the only one in the group that can go toe to toe with him (Rae Raeā€™s gonnaā€™ be a big help here as well). Starā€™s gonnaā€™ have her hands full with Blackfire, so sheā€™s not gonnaā€™ be able to help stop Conner.

:smiley: :hugs:

4 Likes

@DC89 :hugs: :purple_heart:

Also:

You must be worried about thisā€¦

4 Likes

Yep.

5 Likes

:boom: THIS MANY, peeps! :boom:

5 Likes

I think Iā€™m sitting this one out, as I am beat and need a nap.

If someone could fix me a to-go box (and tell Star that I said ā€œSup?ā€ as well), Iā€™ll stop by later and pick it up, plus toss a generous tip in the tip jar, too.

I know I could follow Garā€™s (love his shirt, BTW) leadā€¦

ā€¦but Iā€™m schleepy and coffee usually isnā€™t my thing, so I need to recharge my Kryptonian batteries for a while.
:yawning_face:

Have fun! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

6 Likes

BabsBurritoBucket

4 Likes